List of PLS monitors

DeerDance

n00b
Is there any list of available PLS monitors?

I know of samsung 850 series and Eizo EV2335W

What else is out there?

Last edited:
Doesn't the Eizo 2336 also use a PLS panel?

I forget if that has been confirmed definitely or not though. And someone here who has it stated it does not have a semiglossy coating, although it does have a light coating -- wondering if perhaps it is IPS.

Doesn't the Eizo 2336 also use a PLS panel?

I forget if that has been confirmed definitely or not though. And someone here who has it stated it does not have a semiglossy coating, although it does have a light coating -- wondering if perhaps it is IPS.

Both the EV2336 and EV2736 use a PLS panel with semiglossy coating.

The EV2336 seems to be the only monitor with semiglossy coating, flicker free and standard gamut below 27". It has good users reviews in PRAD forums and Amazon.de.

The owner of a 2336 in this thread: My unsolvable monitor purchase conundrum… Or why nothing really fits the bill….

said (at the end of the thread) that the 2336 doesn't have a semiglossy coating. But perhaps that is subjective.

The owner of a 2336 in this thread: My unsolvable monitor purchase conundrum… Or why nothing really fits the bill….

said (at the end of the thread) that the 2336 doesn't have a semiglossy coating. But perhaps that is subjective.

Interesting thread. I had not seen.

I hope I am not misleading people here, and I'll try to get some photos of it soon, so you guys can see for yourself, but in my eyes it doesn't seem to me that semi glossy. It's the standard pls one used by samsung (I had a pls samsung before so I can tell) and I would call it light antiglare but certainly not as semi glossy as what benq or some laptop screens use (say the macbook airs). It definitely doesn't have any apparent reflections like the above two, however minimal they might be. I would say it's good (but not great) quality matte.

semi glossy and light anti glare are one and the same.

Matte = full, thick, shimmery, nearly eliminates all glare but at the same time will create graininess on white backgrounds and diminish text legibility somewhat

Glossy = no anti glare at all

Semiglossy = somewhere in between

Hmm, I see what you mean....so I guess I am wrong here, and I 've got my categories mixed up.

But anyway, the one in the eizo and for that matter any samsung pls panel I 've seen does eliminate almost all glare and does create graininess on white and texts, albeit considerably less than the "full, thick, shimmery" matte ag on some (most?) ips panels. Side by side with the va eizo I have the pls one is just that little bit more grainy (though that's subjective) and ever so slightly thicker, again my subjective take, nothing more - and it's also ever so slightly shimmery. In contrast the coating on the airs, which I would categorize as semi glossy is far more obviously reflective, and the coating on some other screens, mostly laptop ones, which I would call glossy has even more reflections.

So I guess I would categorize the pls coating as in between matte and semi glossy, more towards the later than the former.

It's not PLS, it's a re-branded CrossOver/DGM/Monoprice which are all IPS.

The Samsung S24C570HL and the SC650 series (S22C650D, S23C650D, etc) are all PLS (AD-PLS specifically). I don't know when they'll be widely available. Samsung's UK site lists the SC650 series, and their Hong Kong site lists both SC650 and S24C570HL, so make of that what you will. I did find a couple of reviews on a Chinese site (pchome.net) for the S24C570HL (http://article.pchome.net/content-1591602.html) and the S23C650D (http://article.pchome.net/content-1583943.html). According to the reviews, they seem pretty decent as far as color and contrast. No word about AG coating, PWM, input lag, or anything like that, though.

Back