List of 32" 1080p LCDs (TV)

I'm using the PC port (its hdmi 1). A lot of people seem to report the hissing problem on these samsung tvs. At least it can be stopped. Strange as it is.

I'll just give a run down on what I can about the LN32B550

The colors are great, the viewing angle is great. I've managed to adjust it heftily to make most things spot on sharp. Screen fit mode is the 1:1 pixel mapping, so I've enabled that. All sharpness settings were set to 0, however there is still a very very slight "halo"effect where text and the mouse pointer has maybe 1 pixel or less of glow across the board. For the most part its very sharp and quite acceptable for use as a monitor.

There is a bit of motion lag / blur. It doesn't bother me. It was worse before all the adjustments were made. However something that does bother me is that something that is white moving on black (ie. mouse pointer) causes a sort of ripple or warp effect where it affects the brightness of the background, so it seems as though the space around the mouse pointer is rippling as you move it through. Sort of like disturbing the surface tension of water with your finger.

The SD picture quality is a lot better than I've seen from some other older LCD TV's and the HD picture quality is fantastic as well. Movies and games look great.

Don't enable the dynamic contrast ratio for desktop use IMO, it very visibly changes back and forth just moving windows and things around and its a bit annoying.

I'm still using a low quality HDMI cable (15 feet of some low quality crap) so maybe changing that will change everything.

Back