Liquid Cooling Case Design

does any1 know how to convert this or turn it into a workable *.dwg? or would i have to measure and spec it out myself? i'm going to build a variant of this case, but mostly the same design.

nice design. I have about 20 fans in my case, still pretty quiet :) The wonders of the fan controller :D

nice design. I have about 20 fans in my case, still pretty quiet :) The wonders of the fan controller :D

Like with the good old PowerMac G5, stuffed to the gills with fans, yet barely a whisper from the system. Each fan got controlled separately using a series of thermal probes in each 'thermal zone', leading to excellent cooling.

Admittedly, without it the dual G5 CPUs inside it would probably have spontaneously combusted :p

:D

Case-11.gif

Your renders and design are so sexy, the nerd lust in this thread is on par w/ the days of Anna Kournikova. This case needs to be built ASAP.

Seriously, I remember a case back in 1999-2001 or so that started out as a collaborative project here in the [H] until it reached full production in a variety of colors. It wasn't cheap (~$200+ IIRC), but it sold pretty darn well. I think it started w/ a few batch orders of 50 or so till it finally led to a web boutique to sell the design and other case related wares. Hopefully your efforts see similar success, it seems there's already a line forming :D

Definitely needs dust filters

LISTEN TO THIS MAN! We've got enough pricey cases on the market already that do a mediocre or downright crappy job of dust filtering. It's ridiculous. Also, I think it's awesome how your design is so huge, it dwarfs the TJ07 and Lian Li v2010-ish box which are both nearly 2ft tall/deep. I say you scale it up to use a pair of 4x140 radiators like jfrydom suggested earlier. Corsair 800D owners will stare in awe at it's massiveness. :p

Like with the good old PowerMac G5, stuffed to the gills with fans, yet barely a whisper from the system. Each fan got controlled separately using a series of thermal probes in each 'thermal zone', leading to excellent cooling.

Admittedly, without it the dual G5 CPUs inside it would probably have spontaneously combusted :p
Aye, two of my neighbors had those G5s and they were very quiet, well below 30dB from what I remember. It's always weird to me how so many people assume lots of fans = more dBs when oftentimes, quite the opposite is true. Fan controllers and lowered fan voltages have been pretty commonplace in enthusiast cases for over a decade now..

How about XL-ATX and EVGA dual socket motherboard.....;)
That's starting to get a bit excessive... but if I were building such a rig I can't imagine putting in in any other case.

You've obviously spent a lot of time rendering this case - what's stopping you from fabricating it for yourself?

You're a little late on your necromancy, jojo. Halloween was a week ago.

jokes aside, maybe phobya's case design competition will see this finally get off the ground. Or does Mick64 already have a manufacturer lined up?

Back