Liquid Coolant solutions

Endrithius

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
180
Well, I have an idea for a case mod. A little bit of my own idea, and a little bit of Frenzy's idea with the power rails (see link) http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1063470 (most beautiful power mod I have ever seen Frenzy. Anyway, I currently run a Thermaltake Bigwater SE liquid cooling system. I run my P4 overclocked to 3.75 from 3.0 (630 Prescott). It only runs around 36 - 37 under load. So for a hundo - I am quite impressed with the quality. However - the green is really going to be a problem with my motif. I am purchasing a Cooler Master Mystique 632 when they hit the shelves. I am getting the black version with orange accents. I have already picked up 100 orange LED's (3mm 5000 MCD) that I plan to replace all the existing green blue and red LED's that I have on all of my equipment. I have the Logitech G15 which is black and grey (will be painting the grey portions gloss black) and I have a G7 black edition. The green tubes and liquid are going to cause some SERIOUS color problems as you can see. I need to know if there is a good thick orange coolant that I can use, and what kind of tubing I need to get. I know there is orange coolant for cars, but I don't exactly want to use something that is going to ulitmately fail. Is it alright to use the coolant for a vehicle or will that eat through the tubing and mess up the pump? Failure is not an option here. Give me your thoughts guys, I want to get started on this ASAP.
 
get pentosin orange colored coolant. as for the tubes, get clearflex or tygoon clear tubes. it wouldnt look as nice if u keep ur green tubes and have the orange water running thru it.
 
I searched around for Pentosin Orange and all I can find is Pentosin pink - and while I may be feeling !FABULOUS! - pink isn't exactly what I'm going for lol.
:D
 
also i think its important to note that you arent gonna put the coolant/anti-freeze just straight into yer look like that.

if you buy a pentosin for instance, you gotta use a mixture of like 9 parrts water one part pentosin, maybe a bit more if you are relaly going for a certain color. if the color of that is not enough (by the way i really wanted orange water myself not too long ago) then throw some UV lights to bring it out. there are tons of UV dye's in orange you can throw into yer loop. a couple drops is all you need and it will be that strong nice color you have with the orange/black mouse etc.

alternatively, i *think PC-ICE makes a coolant in the orange color which may not require a distilled water mixture. so check it out!

and yea i also reccomend you go with tygon or masterkleer tubing etc.
 
masterkleer is a good tubing as well. It's not as thick and it's only 7/16" instead of 1/2", it doesn't look as bulky in a case IMO. Only drawback is you might have to struggle to get it on some 1/2" fittings. It worked good in my seutp though.

PCI-ICE has 3 colors, blue, red, and green, although some say the green is more yellowish and the red is kinda orangy, I bet if you bought the green and red you could make a good orange by mixing
 
Masterkleer is veryyyyy good. The orange pentosin will give a good orange colour at a ratio of about 10%. Just get some white cathodes, and maybe add a drop of red and yellow food colouring.
 
Back
Top