Linux SMP not submitting work

bassman

[H]ard|Gawd
My SMP clients have not been able to submit finished units here and there:

[18:25:17] + Attempting to send results
[18:25:33] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[18:25:33] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
[18:25:33] (171.64.65.56:8080)
[18:25:33] - Error: Could not transmit unit 04 (completed September 14) to work server.

The clients retry, fail, and in some cases the unit passes the deadline (and I assume I lose the credit). Sometimes the send succeeds if I kill the clients and restart them.

I can ping the work server and I can telnet to 8080 on the work server from the boxes running the clients. Any ideas?

Which version do you have ? Do the client send and receive units fine before this ?

I also ran into a couple of borgs not communicating. One I had to rename the work folder so it would not crash (logs showed a corrupt project), the other I got lucky with a reboot (after proving the network connection was good).
Strange.

When this happens (and it seems to be getting a little more frequent), a reboot seems to resolve the issue.

I was getting this too on both dedicated and VM linux boxes. I removed the -forceasm flag and it seems to have solved the hang for me at least.
/knocks on particle board. ;)

Which version do you have ? Do the client send and receive units fine before this ?

Linux SMP 6.02.

What do you mean "before this"? It appears the clients occasionally send units successfully - I see number of units completed go up now and then, but not as often as I see clients complete work units. I know I'm losing units from this:

[17:03:34] Unit 4's deadline (September 16 12:49) has passed.

Bummer. I don't remember this happening before I updated to 6.02.

Linux SMP 6.02.

What do you mean "before this"? It appears the clients occasionally send units successfully - I see number of units completed go up now and then, but not as often as I see clients complete work units. I know I'm losing units from this:

Bummer. I don't remember this happening before I updated to 6.02.

To be honest you didn't have this problem before because the old client actually worked;)

Sooner of later they will update and fix this issue, trust me you are not alone. Also keep in mind the payload you are trying to upload is around 30 megs, the biggest upload we have had to date I believe

Luck;)

Back