• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Linux SMP/bigadv: Cpu Affinity Lock, Yes or No?

Linden

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 8, 2005
Messages
1,199
In Linux, running client 6.34 with Thekraken, should I have "disable CPU affinity lock" in the config file set to YES or NO?

In Linux, running client 6.34 with BFS, should I have "disable CPU affinity lock" in the config file set to YES or NO?

In Windows, I always left this setting at default. Don't know what's best in Linux. Systems in particular, which my questions are pointed at:

G34 4P, 32-core: Linux, Kraken
2600K, 4C/8T: Linux, BFS
 
I have never changed it from the default value. I have no idea what it actually does.
 
The CPU affinity really makes a difference when you are running the client with less cores than available. When the client in running with less than the total cores on the machine and CPU affinity is enabled, there will be less less CPU context switching and preserve 'best' performance.
 
This setting isn't used/supported by SMP FahCores so it doesn't matter what it's set up to.

The Kraken was conceived with dealing with CPU affinity in mind so if you're already using it,
you're set.
 
Back
Top