• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Linux Monitoring programs?

Direwolf20

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
2,467
Hey guys, heres a brief history of me and my linux box:

I have a p3 1ghz little linux box sitting in my room, and I just basically installed Mandrake 11 on there, and since I haven't had any uses for it. So I figure I'll turn it into a nice little Folding Machine, since it doesn't do anything else.

I got the folding software installed and running, no problem, its going strong ;). But is there any kind of monitoring software out there for linux? I like the windows apps that display how much of your current piece is done, and how much of your WU is done. I saw that in the thread above theres several mentioned for linux, but most either don't work or aren't updated since older versions.

This isn't crucial, but I'd like to be able to see how much progress I'm making.

Thanks in advance!
 
Take a look here... Towards the bottom of the post, there are links to alot of the linux monitoring apps... of course, if you have a windows machine running, EMIII can still monitor the linux box.....


Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

 
If you;re using KDE, then install superkaramba. I have themes here that can monitor folding progress and display it in a transperant window on your desktop. Some editing required. They currently look for folding to be in your home directory ina folder called fold. You can setup your folding there, or edit the themes, your choice.

See it in the bottom right?

ocix38.jpg
 
Back
Top