Linux market share at 6.91% for the month of September.

This has nothing to do with an opinion OR Windows. Every time we have a discussion and it doesn't go your way you bring Windows into it. Why?

You use web counters every month to further your agenda with regards to Linux. You act like these webcounters are gospel, until they are proven otherwise and then you head right for the "Well, they are just webcounters lolololololol". It is ridiculous.

Quick, someone disagreed with you, better threaten to lock the thread.

I look for news on Linux to post in the Linux subforum. Where there is news of a substantial, and rather odd, jump in Linux usage do you think I'm not going to post such news for all to discuss? Furthermore, what's this crap about some agenda? Frobozz expressed his excitement at some apparent Linux growth, does he have an agenda?

The issue here, as I've pointed out before, is that you nitpick everyone of my posts to the point of twisting the true context of my words completely out of proportion in some vain and bullshit attempt to prove beyond all doubt that I'm biased - All the while claiming that you aren't biased, you're just stating the facts as they're presented to you.

Bullshit you are! I've already discussed your personality issues with you in great depth via PM and I stand by those findings 100%, just because your word opposes mine doesn't make it right. I never once stated that webcounters are gospel, not once - On the contrary I think they're crap. The only hypocrisy here is the odd hypocrisy that exists within the confines of your own head space.

I've stated all along that web counters are a minimum figure at best and I still stand by that opinion, don't think I didn't notice your little snide and childish remark earlier. This thread merely proves that web counters are fucking useless, but people are going to use them as some form of 100% accurate statistic, so where there is apparent growth I will promote the OS of my choosing whether little auntjemima likes it or not. It's like Steam statistics, people claim that Linux usage has dropped 0.03%! Are you for real?! First of all 0.03% is statistical noise and second of all, without deadly accurate Steam user base figures, that percentage is like asking 'how long is a piece of string!' - The whole idea is complete shite! At best Steam statistics can be used as a comparative tool, but comparison is pointless when the individual isn't interested in the comparative OS in question for whatever reason.

I don't close threads because people oppose my opinion, I close threads because people are trolling - Your post above is troling, it is not related to the discussion at hand, you are simply looking for an argument and derailing the thread. You're not discussing the topic, you're discussing me and my opinion.

Since you don't like me mentioning outward Windows bias and it's obvious effect in the [H] forums that starts from the top down, lets put things another way - Because I don't experience problems with Linux and state so while trying to help others, you think I'm somehow biased....

....I'm biased because of issues you have with an OS you're unfamiliar with, or issues experienced by others that are too stupid to work them out and just use their lack of knowledge as an excuse to shit on an OS no worse than the competition?! A little odd wouldn't you say?

Furthermore, as a moderator of another overclocking and hardware forum, my locking of threads as a result of unnecessary trolling relating to Linux based posts in the [H] sub forum worked.

Last edited:
I look for news on Linux to post in the Linux subforum. Where there is news of a substantial, and rather odd, jump in Linux usage do you think I'm not going to post such news for all to discuss? Furthermore, what's this crap about some agenda? Frobozz expressed his excitement at some apparent Linux growth, does he have an agenda?

The issue here, as I've pointed out before, is that you nitpick everyone of my posts to the point of twisting the true context of my words completely out of proportion in some vain and bullshit attempt to prove beyond all doubt that I'm biased - All the while claiming that you aren't biased, you're just stating the facts as they're presented to you.

Bullshit you are! I've already discussed your personality issues with you in great depth via PM and I stand by those findings 100%, just because your word opposes mine doesn't make it right. I never once stated that webcounters are gospel, not once - On the contrary I think they're crap. The only hypocrisy here is the odd hypocrisy that exists within the confines of your own head space.

I've stated all along that web counters are a minimum figure at best and I still stand by that opinion, don't think I didn't notice your little snide and childish remark earlier. This thread merely proves that web counters are fucking useless, but people are going to use them as some form of 100% accurate statistic, so where there is apparent growth I will promote the OS of my choosing whether little auntjemima likes it or not. It's like Steam statistics, people claim that Linux usage has dropped 0.03%! Are you for real?! First of all 0.03% is statistical noise and second of all, without deadly accurate Steam user base figures, that percentage is like asking 'how long is a piece of string!' - The whole idea is complete shite! At best Steam statistics can be used as a comparative tool, but comparison is pointless when the individual isn't interested in the comparative OS in question for whatever reason.

I don't close threads because people oppose my opinion, I close threads because people are trolling - Your post above is troling, it is not related to the discussion at hand, you are simply looking for an argument and derailing the thread. You're not discussing the topic, you're discussing me and my opinion.

Since you don't like me mentioning outward Windows bias and it's obvious effect in the [H] forums that starts from the top down, lets put things another way - Because I don't experience problems with Linux and state so while trying to help others, you think I'm somehow biased....

....I'm biased because of issues you have with an OS you're unfamiliar with, or issues experienced by others that are too stupid to work them out and just use their lack of knowledge as an excuse to shit on an OS no worse than the competition?! A little odd wouldn't you say?

Furthermore, as a moderator of another overclocking and hardware forum, my locking of threads as a result of unnecessary trolling relating to Linux based posts in the [H] sub forum worked.

If you consider webcounters crap, they why did you post about them for Linux? :rolleyes:

Hint: You are NOT a moderator here! :D

If, as many have surmised, the increase is including Chromebooks being used for back-to-school, it will be interesting to see if the usage trend continues, and what happens during non-school months.

If you consider webcounters crap, they why did you post about them for Linux? :rolleyes:

Hint: You are NOT a moderator here! :D

To quote the very first paragraph of my comment - You really need to start comprehending posts, seems to be a common issue in the US? If you read further into the post the reason why I post statistics that I don't believe are in any way accurate is explained and I always state that I use such figures as a minimum guide only in the OP for this very reason.

Thanks for stating the obvious regarding my being a moderator here. While there are some great moderators on the [H] forums the issue here is undermoderation, trolling disrupts threads to the point of all out flamewars and then fuhrer comes through with his itchy ban finger and bans people for weeks at a time! It's a joke and the problem is that the issue should never have escalated to the point it did within the thread in the first place - A moderator should have jumped in and taken control of the situation. As a result I have spoken to certain moderators and they have agreed that if there is an issue with trolling in the Linux forum to contact them specifically and the issue will be dealt with swiftly. Furthermore, if I see the thread degrading to the point of no return I will close it if I started it.

I do warn you in the OP, so if you can't post within the rules then you've only got yourself to blame - It's no good trying to shift the blame onto me because I'm the only one willing to take action to stop the constant trolling and I'm sick of the constant arguing over an OS that I have a right to be passionate about.

Last edited:
If, as many have surmised, the increase is including Chromebooks being used for back-to-school, it will be interesting to see if the usage trend continues, and what happens during non-school months.

Assuming that Chromebooks are included in Netmarketshare's results? They don't state specifically anywhere that they are and the figures on Statcounter contradict such a theory.

Honestly, the results are all over the place depending on which web counter you want to look at. The only truly accurate way to know usage figures is via sales results and since desktop Linux is not sold no one has a clue as to Linux usage.

Last edited:
To quote the very first paragraph of my comment - You really need to start comprehending posts, seems to be a common issue in the US? If you read further into the post the reason why I post statistics that I don't believe are in any way accurate is explained and I always state that I use such figures as a minimum guide only in the OP for this very reason.

Thanks for stating the obvious regarding my being a moderator here. While there are some great moderators on the [H] forums the issue here is undermoderation, trolling disrupts threads to the point of all out flamewars and then fuhrer comes through with his itchy ban finger and bans people for weeks at a time! It's a joke and the problem is that the issue should never have escalated to the point it did within the thread in the first place - A moderator should have jumped in and taken control of the situation. As a result I have spoken to certain moderators and they have agreed that if there is an issue with trolling in the Linux forum to contact them specifically and the issue will be dealt with swiftly. Furthermore, if I see the thread degrading to the point of no return I will close it if I started it.

I do warn you in the OP, so if you can't post within the rules then you've only got yourself to blame - It's no good trying to shift the blame onto me because I'm the only one willing to take action to stop the constant trolling and I'm sick of the constant arguing over an OS that I have a right to be passionate about.

Wow, that's cool man, you are now a person who decides what is trolling and what is not? Ok, enjoy yourself, I am out of this thread. :rolleyes:

Wow, that's cool man, you are now a person who decides what is trolling and what is not? Ok, enjoy yourself, I am out of this thread. :rolleyes:

No, I'm not deciding anything, the rules are the rules. Although then again the rules do state 'thread crapping' which could be literally anything and as far as I'm aware is a ruling specific to the [H] forums.

This post of yours, for example, is as always - Trolling. 99% of the time all you do is troll with little snide one liners. You shouldn't have posted in this thread in the first place and auntjemima was trolling for an argument from the beginning of the thread.

Basically you're claiming that you have the right to belittle depending on my preference of operating system and whether I want to support that operating system in the [H] forums or not and you believe that my closing of threads is taking that [H] right away from you.

Last edited:
The ignore function works great at hardforum. I don't see those annoying yappers at all anymore. It just makes some threads kinda cryptic to read when I see people replying to messages that don't exist in the thread lol.

Back