Linux is so pretty :P

Glitchwolf

Weaksauce
Mmkay. I am a semi-new user to the Linux world, I use it at school and so far I am loving it, but I have a few questions.

1) I am using KDE, I don't have root, and I want to change what kind of icons I use, I downloaded one of those sets from Everaldo and it comes with a desktop.config file and I have no idea how to run it, I CHMODED it to an EXE but I don't know the command to make it run.

2) How do I install new themes properly! The ones I do now, like AquaGraphite only semi work. If what I need to do requires konsole just write out the commands for me, or point me in the right direction.

Thank you, any help is much appreciated.

-Glitchwolf

Your questions on how to install should be answered here:

http://www.kde-look.org

EDIT: Just pick out a theme and it will also bring up some linkage called "how to install", there are also posts at the bottom of each theme that people have asked similar questions about. ;)

In most cases, you just go into the conrol center under the Appearance section there is a module called Icons. Go in there and click install new theme button. Browse to the .tar.gz of the icon theme you downloaded (no need to extract), and that's it.

Can't resist....

snapshot9.jpg

Thanks so much!
I'll try it tomorrow when I get to school as that is where I have Linux.

-Glitchwolf

DO you need any certain forms of linux to use KDE cause I saw a lot od Suse setups?

No KDE is just software that runs on top of linux and a lot of other unix and unix like systems. The reason you see KDE on suse is because that's one of the few big distros left that's been focusing on using KDE. I personally like both but these days it seems that distributors are leaning towards using gnome a bit more.

Back