• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Linux F@H sharing with Win F@H?

prime2515102

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 3, 2003
Messages
1,603
I just installed Mandrake Linux (9.2) recently and I was wondering if it's possible for F@H to share the same cores and work units as the Windows version.

Basically I'd like to install it in the same directory as the Windows version because I switch back and fourth a lot. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Prime
 
Well, I went ahead and tried it and it seems to be working, but it's hasn't updated the log file at all (so far anyway) so I'm not sure if it downloaded a new work unit or if it continued the one that was downloaded in Windows. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow and run it in Windows to see if it continues the old work unit.

Prime
 
In case anybody was interested... lol

The log file was finally updated and the Linux version did finish off the WU that the Windows version started. Cools beans :)

Prime
 
What's interesting is to note frame-time differences between different clients when working on the same wu.
 
Originally posted by Arkaine23
What's interesting is to note frame-time differences between different clients when working on the same wu.

Ya know I never even thought to check that. Before I go to bed I'll make a note of where it's at and then boot into Linux and check the difference tomorrow (I've been running Win for the last couple days and the logs don't have the linux work in them any more).

Prime
 
that's awesome... that just removed my biggest objection to dual booting... I never even thought to try it (Lin & Win are different beast you know :D ) ... props to you.
 
Quite often- it'll delete the current wu and download a new one. It's also a very good idea to manually delete the core before launching folding.

The problem is that Linux gromcas wu's are often different projects than windows gromacs.

To have a more seamless switch between folding in the two OS's, you should use wine to fold with your windows client while in Linux.
 
Originally posted by Arkaine23
<snip and TOTALLY taken out of context :)>
you should use wine to fold with your windows client while in Linux.

No. No. No - Use mojo to fold !
Do you use red wine for Tinkers ?
 
Back
Top