Linux Disabling High Resolution Scrolling For Logitech Devices Connected Via USB

I had never heard of hi-res scrolling.

I can't imagine it is a particularly life changing feature. In all my years of using scroll wheels I don't ever think I wished the wheel had a higher resolution.

Or maybe I am misunderstanding what this feature is?
 
I had never heard of hi-res scrolling.

I can't imagine it is a particularly life changing feature. In all my years of using scroll wheels I don't ever think I wished the wheel had a higher resolution.

Or maybe I am misunderstanding what this feature is?
No, you are right.
It allows you to go freewheel on the mouse and have better control of the scroll speeds so no matter if you just spin it crazy or slowly creep it the motion is smooth, on most scroll wheels you will see that the scroll bar moves at fixed intervals and a set distance but with a high-resolution one you can be more granular in the movement, it makes a big difference in large excel sheets at 4K though I tell you what I can't go back to a normal scroll wheel after using one there.
But outside of that particular use case, I keep the click feedback turned on so it really isn't a thing I deal with in any other scenario.
 
Back
Top