Linksys WUSB11 2.6 connected but no internet..

Azazel90x

2[H]4U
So i took my old comp a 700mhz, 192mb ram, 64mb Ti4200 pc and reformatted it and put windows on it, then i dled the drivers for my adapter from the linksys site and installed the adapter...put in the wep code, got on the internet dled firefox and nvidia drivers for my card then restarted my comp..it connects to my network but theres no internet connection and it might get a connection to the internet for a few seconds but its slow as crap and then it just shuts off and i cant get internet...Whats wrong? ive tried uninstalling then reinstalling and still the same...

Help...

Well one thing is that the drivers wont work from linksys so i had to use a config file and it said it worked and showed up and another thing is it cant find a certificate...how do i get a certificate?

I even reformatted it and tried it again and it does the same thing.. Please Help!

So it had a connection at one point, but no longer?

It sees the router? What router is it?

Is the linksys adapter something external or a pci card?

What version of Windows did you install?

Are you running any third-party firewall, antivirus, internet security software?

If you are connected to the router can you ping a website?

Its connected to the router but it has no connection to the internet

It does see the router it is a D-Link Xtreme N™ Gigabit Router

The linksys adapter is USB

ive installed Windows Xp Home

No no security or anything

Nope

Its connected to the router but it has no connection to the internet

It does see the router it is a D-Link Xtreme N™ Gigabit Router

The linksys adapter is USB

ive installed Windows Xp Home

No no security or anything

Nope

Okay, so it connects to the router but will not go out passed that. You can try powering off everything, computer, router, modem. Then power everything on in this order:

Modem, let it get up and running

Router, same deal, let it finish the boot up cycle

then your pc.

Other than that at the moment you can check the router to see if it's getting an IP from the modem.

Did everything u said and still wont work i know im getting internet because my laptops getting it just fine but my desktop wont...

Back