Linksys WRT54G Router Dropping Internet Connection to wired desktops

pradeep1

Weaksauce
I installed a WRT54G v1.1 with DD-WRT on my network, and I've got 2 desktops hooked up to it directly wired and another laptop through wireless.

Every so often, I've noticed that the wired connections will lose access to the internet.

Here is what happened yesterday and again today morning:

1. All connections were fine (wired and wireless) all day Saturday and Sunday.

2. Wired desktops both lose connectivity to the Internet. LAN over NetBEUI still works fine
and wireless connectivity is fine.

3. Pinged 127.0.0.1, localhost works okay from both computers

4. Pinged 192.68.1.1. no response

5. My IP address after losing internet is still the same as before I lost connectivity.

6. Simple reboot of wired desktops brings everything back to normal until the nex time.

Any thoughts? Do I have a bum router?

One thought, the wireless laptop is Vista and the wired desktops are XP. The laptop drops connectivity when it goes into sleep mode, and it has to be disconnected and reconnected each time it comes out of sleep mode. Could this be causing the entire network to have problems?

Thanks,

Pradeep

Can try giving it a hard reset.

Do you run a lot of peer to peer software? They can really bog down routers and sort of lock them up.

One time I had to do a hard reset to get the internet back up. But that is usually not necessary. Just a reboot of the two wired desktops does the trick usually.

No, I don't run any P2P programs and the like.

What version and build date of DD-WRT are you running?

Back