Linksys WRT54g problems

threedd97

Limp Gawd
My wireless network is a Linksys WRT54g and 2 computers running WMP54g and 1 with a dell wireless. My computer has a Linksys NIC, and I'm the closest to the router having to only go through 1 wall and about 10 feet of distance. I have no problems on my part. The computer with the Dell is 2 rooms away (approx. 30ft. away) and goes through many more walls and the other Linksys NIC is 3 rooms away (approx. 40 - 50ft. away). They can both download at the rated speed of the ISP and browse pages and what not, but when it comes to gaming, they get terrible packet loss and high pings, 3x the ping of mine sometimes. They even get dropped sometimes. This problem used to not occur when the router was in my room, but I have since moved it to another room adjacent to mine. Firmware and drivers are all up to date, transmitting power is at 100% and I changed the channel to 11 in case the default was interfering with other wireless products in the house (even though this was never a problem before). These solutions did not fix the problem. Could this all be because I simply moved it 1 room over and now it's too far away for them?

it could easily be becaused you moved it.

have you looked at any of the other firmware, i believe some of them give you increases signal. i think the other firmwares are hyperwrt and alchemy

change any ethernet cords?

what about modem?
Check the power levels in the stats pages.

Cords and modem are all the same. The firmware I upgraded to was the most recent hyperwrt.

Back