Linksys WRT45G router question

DaLurker

[H]ard|Gawd
Just wondering, does it have MAC filtering for wired connections? Or just wireless connections? I know my 20 dollar SMC router has MAC filtering and I've been using it for security reasons.

Not to cause anykind of friction but what situation would you be in where you wouldn't trust your wired clients and use a device like this?

bigstusexy said:
Not to cause anykind of friction but what situation would you be in where you wouldn't trust your wired clients and use a device like this?

O.... there isn't really any :p Right now I use MAC Filtering on my SMC since my Wireless router is more an access point and my DHCP is actually off my SMC router. So if you an imagine, anybody wanting to use my wireless router would still need an IP off my SMC Wired router, so I use MAC filtering there.

I plan to use MAC filtering on the Wirless (on top of WEP and hiding my SSID) just for wireless security, but in terms of wired clients, no issues. I was just curious as to why the linksys doesn't have that. I thought I was missing something or I needed a new firmware (although I have the newest).

Back