Linksys Wireless wont connect to the web...hephep

mattyfatty182

HUMMER RULE!!!
Hello all. Recently got my Qwest DSL installed 1.5/896. I am very happy with the speeds considering the fact that we are 20K feet from the CO. Anyways, I bought a Linksys wireless for my desktop system. I enabled the WEP and Wireless, and my computer upstairs sees the network ( and the WEP works ), but opening IE or Firefox wont allow me to acess the web at all.

Could someone walk me through what I need to do to make my Linksys see the web that it already connected to( I shoule mention that the modem is a WAP so the Linksys is connected directly to it)? Also, setup like this, can I share the printer down here as well as files? How do I go about setting this up?

Well you could RTFM....

But - does the PC that can't access the web have DHCP turned on? What model Linksys do you have? And what do you mean by "modem is a WAP"? Is the router getting an IP address when you go into the web managment application? Are you having the router sign in to your DSL with PPOE?

Just because your PC sees the network doesn't mean it's connecting. Try to connect without WEP on first to see if you can or can't get on the net. Of course if you do, make sure to turn WEP back on.

<<<Well you could RTFM....

But - does the PC that can't access the web have DHCP turned on? What model Linksys do you have? And what do you mean by "modem is a WAP"? Is the router getting an IP address when you go into the web managment application? Are you having the router sign in to your DSL with PPOE?

Just because your PC sees the network doesn't mean it's connecting. Try to connect without WEP on first to see if you can or can't get on the net. Of course if you do, make sure to turn WEP back on.>>>

It's a Linksys WMP11 ( wireless B). Yes, it has DHCP on. The modem is the Wireless point, It has it built in. The router (?) on this computer gets an IP, and It uses PPOA.

I did read the manual.

Back