• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

linksys wireless router into gigabyte switch

pinslammer

n00b
Joined
Sep 16, 2007
Messages
26
I just purchased a gigabyte switch and wanted to know if all I had to do was plug a cat 6 cable in from my router into the switch or if I had to get a crossover cable? Thanks in advance.
 
Just uplink it to your switch. Gigabit is auto MDI/MDI-X...as are even most 10/100 switches for the past few years...so crossover cables have pretty much become extinct like the floppy drive.
 
You don't need to use cat6, you can use cat 5e (and probably 5) if thats what you have available.
And every switch i've seen in a long while automatically does the crossover internally if its needed.
 
Back
Top