Linksys Wireless Notebook Adapter Problem

Timdog

Gawd
I have a Linksys Wireless Notebook Adapter WPC54G Version 2 in my Sony Vaio laptop. I set up the adapter using the included instructions, but whenever the Linksys WLAN monitor utility is running, I get external exception errors. I looked up my error code, and it seems that this error codes means the program is not working correctly. I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling everything and even cleaning out the registry. None of these fixed my problem. I am wondering if either anyone knows how to fix this or if I could just use the Wireless Zero Configuration to set up my wireless adapter? I tried looking on the Linksys site and nothing came up specific to my error.

Go to www.linksys.com/connect and click either netset assistant, or possibly the one above it?? but run it, it will like configure it for you possibly it wil conect it for you!! let us know

Doh, I was thinking I couldn't use that until I remember that I have a regular LAN port on my laptop. :p I'll try that out tonight and see if it works.

EDIT:

I tried the Linksys tool. It told me I did not have any problems. I then decided to let Windows try and configure the card. Lo and behold, I get everything working correctly by using the Wireless Zero Configuration. I even got it networked to my two printers so I can print from anywhere in the house now. ^_^

Back