Linksys Wireless N USB $9.98 Shipped

dracos

Supreme [H]ardness
This isn't bad at all.. Newegg is selling same thing for $15 shipped..

These always come in handy.. and yes they are refurb, but so is the one at Newegg I saw for $15..

It's 1 Sale A Day site so it's today only for the deal...

http://1saleaday.com/wireless/

Specs
Condition: Factory Refurbished
Packaging: Brown Box
Warranty: 90 Day
Manufacturer: Linksys
Model: AE2500-RM

Features Include:
Wireless Dual-Band N (2.4 or 5 GHz)
802.11n, 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g
Dual internal antennas
High speed up to 300 Mbps
WPA2 advanced security
Optimized for streaming video & gaming
Compatible with Windows
Easy setup

Package Includes:
Linksys AE2500 Wireless N USB Adapter, CD-ROM with Setup Software and Resources

I have had nothing but bad experiences with Linksys wireless adapters in recent years, but I've never dealt with their USB offerings so hopefully this is better.

I have had nothing but bad experiences with Linksys wireless adapters in recent years, but I've never dealt with their USB offerings so hopefully this is better.

They are bad. I had both 2 x AE1000 and 1 of these and constant drop outs, disconnects, etc. I gave up and bought some from TPlink and have not had an issue. All 3 of mine worked for about 6 months and then they really started to get bad.

I have 2x AE1000 and they work fine.

These are not AE1000 adapters. They are AE2500 RM

damn.. just picked this up from newegg a week ago, got it refurbished for around $9. Only if I waited...
This is working great with my Cisco E2000 DDWRT, 300Mbps solid connection all the time. Only had it for a week so we'll see.

I have terrible luck with wireless on a desktop. Tried both a USB adapter and a PCI card with a bigass antennae, but failed with disconnected and very weak signal pickup. This is manhatten.

A quick google search shows lots of problems running this on linux, even using ndiswrapper. Also there are no OSX drivers either.

Yeah, I'd have grabbed one as a spare. Would be handy to have around the house. But a quick google hunt showed it's hell to get working with Linux, and I'd want to keep around in case I needed it on a secondary box/ Raspberry Pi eventually/etc.

I'll wait for one with better Linux compatibility.

Back