Linksys USB 64bit Driver?

cam966251

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay, heres the deal. I understand that linksys does not make an 64bit drivers. But i am wondering if i can get a workaround of some kind of 3rd party driver?

The Details:

I just purchased the Linksys WUSB54GR with Rangebooster (USB External). And i have Windows XP 64bit Pro.

The driver will simply not instll because it is not made for 64bit. But i have used internal PCI linksys wireless cards in the past.

Is there some kind of workaround for this, and like as i said, is there some kind of 3rd party driver?

Thank you

http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm

These are not third-party, they are merely the makers of SOME of the chipsets Linksys uses. No guarantees on whether that card uses a chipset by them, just something to try. They were posted on www.linksysinfo.org ~ other than that, a google search revealed nothing.

Unfortunately, that is the price you pay for running Windows 64bit... :( Is there a specific reason you needed XP-64?

Orinthical said:
http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm

These are not third-party, they are merely the makers of SOME of the chipsets Linksys uses. No guarantees on whether that card uses a chipset by them, just something to try. They were posted on www.linksysinfo.org ~ other than that, a google search revealed nothing.

Unfortunately, that is the price you pay for running Windows 64bit... :( Is there a specific reason you needed XP-64?

I searched on the website and i didnt find any drivers that would work. There is no real reason, I do have 32bit of XP which i am thinking about installing.

lockheed2266 said:
I searched on the website and i didnt find any drivers that would work. There is no real reason, I do have 32bit of XP which i am thinking about installing.

I would... developers remain very hesitant on releasing 64bit drivers and seem to be saving most of their effort for Vista's platform. For pure sake of ease of use, I would go back to XP-32. If the software or game can make use of the 64bit extensions, it will regardless of the OS level. The only real thing you'll have to worry about is if you have 4GB or more of ram. :)

Back