Linksys sucks....wireless & internet probs

beachbum

Limp Gawd
Okay well after a month or so of having my linksys equipment I cant get the wireless to work and my modem is locking up every 5 minutes.

Problem 1: Well, I will start with the most important part, INTERNET, out of no where about every 5-10 minutes I loose internet but the lights on the modem are acting normal so I power cycle the modem and everything is back to normal! And I have to do this continuously in order to have internet. (linksys modem I dont know the modem # but its the NEW one.) I have herd that its a bad connection with cables and crud so I try a bunch of factory cables and still it is messing up.

Problem 2: Then when I want wireless with my BEFW11S4 and WPC11, It doesn't work! Ive done wireless networking before and this is just gay as hell, Well I plug in the wireless card to my laptop and of course it will restart and the "blue screen of death".....after trying variations I get it to come up with out restarting!yay then wireless is enabled on the BEFW11S4 (no wep) and I can't even detect the god bleepen access point! even if the laptop is right next to the access point I still can't detect the access point. Now Ive called linksys and done every possible thing and they say its defective so I return it and get another to no avail of course. Ive also disabled the lan card etc... and still nothing.
What the heaven is wrong?

Could it be an issue with your network card drivers?? Have you tried to reinstall them?

They say not to use the drivers for Window$XP but I have installed them and the wireless still doesn't work.

I had this problem when my cable switched. call you ISP and ask them for the MTU throughput and set it manually through the router settings (http://192.168.1.1). Try it. It worked for me and i stopped loosing connection every hour or so. For example you would set it to

MTU -> Manual
Size -> <size they tell you> (Mine was 1530)

hmmm Good idea! I will give that a try.
EDIT:( : Cant find MTU in router settings.

Have you tried upgrading the firmware? I started having problems recently with having to reboot my router a lot and I updated the firmware and now no problems.

MTU isnt there, infact it isnt anywhere well screw it.

And yes I did update the firmware (the first day I got it).

Back