Linksys Router PMO!

Kaiga

Gawd
this is starting to piss me off now, but I would like to know what is happening with my router. I run Azureus almost 24/7 and sometimes, the router will just crash/stop working, and I will get no connection. the activity lights stay on saying there is activity, and my modem lights stay on, but all the computers on the router have all their IPs changed from their local IP (normally 192.168.1.***) to an internet IP.
And the only way I seem to be able to fix this is having to reset the router, I mean a real good reset.
Any Ideas on what is happening? getting too hot from too much activity? a timeout? a general crash? stop error?
because everytime this happens I have to go back and start opeing ports back up and there are alot I need to open...
Any Ideas on how to fix this? any help would be appreaciated on this subject.

Now, here is something else that is very different, sometimes when I am running Azureus, and my PC goes into Hibernation, and I bring it out of it, NO CONNECTION. what so ever. the only thing I can connect to is my router to configure stuff. I mess around with my connection on my PC, I try to renew my IP, which switches from local IP to internet, and it wont renew, as though it has stopped responding to the internet. I know the usuals on getting a broken connection to work.
I renew, use the repair tool. I mess around with the settings so much, yet nothing happens. But, while my PC has crapped out, all the other PCs on the router are just fine with their connectivity.

and surprisingly, the only way I can get the connection back up from my pc to the net, is using system restore. yes, thats right, system restore, terrible. I know, but its the only thing that seems to work.
Even when I try to boot the PC with ERD commander, the connection won't work.

Ever since I have used Azureus though, this has started happening. I used to leave LimeWire running overnights and the net wouldn't crash, but with Azureus it will now either crash my PC's connection, or my router will crash.
I know that there is nothing wrong with my ISP of course. this is on the physical layer portion of the problem i think. help will be appreaciated, thanks.

Just on the router problem, I would say cooling is the number one problem. The linksys 54g router I have works like a champ for the most part, but does bog down sometimes. Try keeping it well ventilated and see if that helps.

Not sure about the hibernation problem.

Oh, and BitComet has treated me wonderfully. Give it a try.

Back