Linksys router disconnects

DIGIT@L

Weaksauce
I have a Linksys Wireless Router model 802.11B and I use a Linksys USB Adapter model WUSB11. I use WinXP Pro SP1 with all latest updates.

About once per day or sometimes a few times per day, I just randomly get disconnected and the only way I have found to fix the problem is to unplug the power from the router and plug it back in. My laptop also has the same problem with connecting to the router and it uses a Linksys wirless network card. However, the computer that is connected directly to the router with a wire, is never disconnected. Any idea how to fix this?

is it me or does it see like alot of people have this prblemn with linksys wireless cards? maybe try something else. orinoco ?

Linksys G stuff, and I get it too. Whats crappy is you really don't know if its just a neighbor in one of the surrounding 4 apartments just turned on their 2.4ghz phone and started dialing, etc. I also have three networks all around mine that I can see in Windows and who knows if we are all constantly changing our channels and bumping each other off to get better "reception." I guess the best way to find out is ask around you, hell buy them a new phone if thats it just to get rid of the problem... :) I don't think its necessarily a Linksys issue, they have been really good in the past and I imagine they will only get better now that Cisco owns them...

Windows is kind of screwy with wireless. If you use WPA it happens more frequently. SP2 seems to have improved wireless conectivity.

atomic3 said:
update the firmware of the router and card if applicable
Agreed. I run into that same problem with many Linksys and Dlink routers at work. Usually a firmware flash will fix the problem.

OldPueblo said:
Linksys G stuff, and I get it too. Whats crappy is you really don't know if its just a neighbor in one of the surrounding 4 apartments just turned on their 2.4ghz phone and started dialing, etc. I also have three networks all around mine that I can see in Windows and who knows if we are all constantly changing our channels and bumping each other off to get better "reception." I guess the best way to find out is ask around you, hell buy them a new phone if thats it just to get rid of the problem... :) I don't think its necessarily a Linksys issue, they have been really good in the past and I imagine they will only get better now that Cisco owns them...

Go into your router and change it to always use channel 1 or 12 (I think) it will minimize your disconnects from phones as they start on 6

Jabroni31169 said:
Go into your router and change it to always use channel 1 or 12 (I think) it will minimize your disconnects from phones as they start on 6

Heh, thats what I do. I almost never try the middle ones because of the overlap and the phones as you say.

This is happening to me also...I uninstall my network adapter drivers and reinstall them to get dconnected again...This sucks!

Does unplugging the power to your wireless adapter fix it?

jamezzz122 said:
This is happening to me also...I uninstall my network adapter drivers and reinstall them to get dconnected again...This sucks!

Does unplugging the power to your wireless adapter fix it?

I found the unplugging the cord fomr my wireless USB adapter and plugging it back in fixees it. What is going on?

Back