Linksys E2000 speed problems

Bakes4147

n00b
Hello,

I have had a Linksys E2000 for about 3 years now and up until now have not really had fast enough internet connections to care about it but my download speed is really bad. I am getting about 7-800 Kb/s download speed max when speedtest.net says 4.91 Mb/s. My firmware is Firmware Version: 1.0.04. Also I was getting about the same speeds back when we had a connection speed of about 1.5 Mb/s.Not sure what else to specify, ask away and thanks in advance.

I think I may have solved the problem, I disabled the QOS option and saw a jump in speed. Not the jump I expected though. speedtest.net says 4.9 Mb/s i a peaked at 1.1 on steam download. Will check with ip provider asap since we pay for 10 Mb/s......

Have you tried plugging your computer directly into the modem to test if the speed is better that way?

I think I may have solved the problem, I disabled the QOS option and saw a jump in speed. Not the jump I expected though. speedtest.net says 4.9 Mb/s i a peaked at 1.1 on steam download. Will check with ip provider asap since we pay for 10 Mb/s......

1.1MBps is about 10Mbps. So you're getting what you're paying for. With SpeedTest.net you have to test multiple locations around you and multiple different providers.

Tried plugging directly into modem and peaked at about 800 KB/s so yeah gonna call them up.

1.1MBps is about 10Mbps. So you're getting what you're paying for. With SpeedTest.net you have to test multiple locations around you and multiple different providers.

What? How does 1.1 Mbp/s = 10 Mbp/s?

What? How does 1.1 Mbp/s = 10 Mbp/s?
He's saying it could be a bit/byte confusion. It's hard to tell what units you're using through your post - if it's a 10 megabit per second (bandwidth is generally measured in bits per second) then you would expect a download speed around 1 megabyte per second.

Ok yeah I was thinking of 10 MB/s not 10 Mb/s which is what im actually getting. Unfortunately that is the highest we are offered so I guess that will do. Thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion, wasn't watching the b vs B.

Back