Linksys BEFSR41 - Random red link lights?

Punkrulz

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

For the past two days at different times, my router, a Linksys BEFSR41, has had some issues... and I don't know what they are. For some reason though, yesterday shortly after I left for work, my brother in law complained of internet issues. When I got home from work, the activity and diag lights were red. Tonight shortly after midnight, the same thing... any way of figuring this out? Only logging this thing has is incoming and outgoing connections. :/

Oh, and yes the firmware is up to date. *Sighs* And these forums are going awfully slow right now.

uhhh

it is 1000000% impossible for any light besides the diag light to turn red

trust me on this one ;)

and if you are getting random diag lights try getting a new one and see if it does the same thing...

bfsr41's are kinda hit and miss... some just toast themselves after working perfectly for years... others are crap from day1, others last forever... random

Heh, well sadly I don't have any money on hand to be able to go out and replace mine... the best I can do is replace it with a Microsoft router, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

What's the Diag light bright enough that it sort of leeches it's way into the act light hole?

Back