Linksys ADSL2 router/modem

What specific games? If it's XBox related...you know there's a few things you need to do on many routers to get it to work.
Assign the XBox a static LAN IP
Open/forward 3x TCP ports to it..
setup MTU to something quite low....there's a few threads to find on this form via search that have those ports and MTU settings.

Well I'm just remembering having this on games like Comapany of Hero's, Dawn of War etc.
The games worked but when you ran the network tester it would say "nat detected" and you also would have connection issues joining certain games. Ports would ahve been forwarded correctly.

Found the notes I made in another post....

Open/forward these ports to the static LAN IP address that you assign your XBOX.
• UDP 88
• UDP 3074
• TCP 3074

MTU on the router to be set to 1384

Are you sure you aren't double NAT'ing..a router behind another router?

I was previously yes, Router behind modem tho hopefully just an all in one will fix it, btw, I dont have an Xbox:)

Just thought I'd update.
I got the Modem I was looking at above, the range is good and the signal has been great so far throughout the house.
The setup was perhaps the simplest and most pain/stress free I've ever experienced, also Since swapping over I've noticed that I can now have one PC updating windows, another running Torrents and my main PC playing WoW or the like and still have a nice latency of only 100MS or less which is a phenominal change from what it used to be :)

Back