Link from a ODBC databse to a MySQL database

FlatLine84

[H]ard|Gawd
Where do I even start? I've done a little bit of googleing, but I was hoping somone had an idea... I need to create a link that can take data from an ODBC database and put it into a MySQL database, the data doesn't really need to go back. I need to be able to update this either manually or every half-hour or so. Also it's a windows environment question....

Ok...I think we are gonna need some more info. We seem to have some things confused. ODBC is not a database. It is a way of connecting to a database and I am pretty sure that MySQL is ODBC compliant.

So could you provide a little more info on the enviroment if possible. So far we know you have at least 1 MySQL DB and one "other".

Honestly it shouldn't be that hard but it will depend on what the other DB is.

OK. Well if you can get a ODBC connection to it then all should be ok. So are you looking for a free solution? :D Or are you willing to spend some money on making it work?

I will start with the pay for solution. Well pay for unless you have a copy of FileMaker Pro laying around. Here is a link to how do exactly what you need with Filemaker Pro.

FileMaker Pro

If you are able to purchase/obtain this software it will most likely be the simplest solution as it can be fairly automated with this if I remember correctly.

No I will start digging throu my ODBC stuff to try and figure a free solution for ya.

I am leaving the above link just in case....but i have found what looks to be exactly what you need
Link Here!

This tool is free, supports ODBC connections among others....has native MySQL support, is free, has a Query Builder, and a simple looking import and export feature.

Check it out....lemme know if this is what you are looking for. If it is I will stop looking =) hope this helps ya some.

Shayughul said:
OK. Well if you can get a ODBC connection to it then all should be ok. So are you looking for a free solution? :D Or are you willing to spend some money on making it work?

I will start with the pay for solution. Well pay for unless you have a copy of FileMaker Pro laying around. Here is a link to how do exactly what you need with Filemaker Pro.

FileMaker Pro

If you are able to purchase/obtain this software it will most likely be the simplest solution as it can be fairly automated with this if I remember correctly.

No I will start digging throu my ODBC stuff to try and figure a free solution for ya.

I am leaving the above link just in case....but i have found what looks to be exactly what you need
Link Here!

This tool is free, supports ODBC connections among others....has native MySQL support, is free, has a Query Builder, and a simple looking import and export feature.

Check it out....lemme know if this is what you are looking for. If it is I will stop looking =) hope this helps ya some.

Thank you very much, I'm gonna check out the free solution :) I'll let ya know, thanks very much.

Ok, I had to use some special drivers, and I was able to create an ODBC link into Access, so now I'm going to try to get a link into MySQL using that foxysql, thanks again.

Back