• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lineage 2 open beta

well I am sure we all know that L2 will get alot better when it switches from beta to pay-to-play. the servers are getting hammered right now because everyone and there dog are playing as it is free right now.
needing a credit card to pay the monthly fee is going to weed out alot of people
 
How long does it take to get the cd key for the open beta? Or do you not need one for the beta?
 
Originally posted by Verge
why can't they make another game like UO was years ago.. it was so fun... now they all focus on large scale warfare... which is crap, since the servers can't ever handle it.. and the bs starts... shadowbane was cool for a while.. but basically all you do is hit r7... make a new guy, hit r7... make a new guy... boring boring boring


The servers can handle it fine, its just theres not enough servers. You got hundreds of thousands of people trying to get into 3 servers.
 
If you download it from fileplanet like I did, it generates a key to activate the game and the account.
 
Originally posted by Verge
why can't they make another game like UO was years ago.. it was so fun... now they all focus on large scale warfare... which is crap, since the servers can't ever handle it.. and the bs starts... shadowbane was cool for a while.. but basically all you do is hit r7... make a new guy, hit r7... make a new guy... boring boring boring

You and me both, i would trade ALL of these fucking lv grinding "nothin new" mmorpgs for just ONE game like old UO (pre tram/fel crap)

Playing UO was the only time in a mmorpg i really felt that it mimiced another world and place more than any other mmorpg, where you really did make the game yourself doin whatever you wanted.
 
Originally posted by IceWind
Dude, your on fucking crack. This game doesn't even come half as good as SWG. SWG actually has pixel shading and bump mapping. I didn't see a trace of either of these anywhere in L2. Not to mention the draw distance is much shorter. The character models in L2 might as well be FF7 figures in comparison to the characters you can create in SWG

Just sucks SWG is just so fucking boring....

I'm sorry but L2's graphics are wayyyyy better than SWG's.


SWG's graphics are ONLY good if you are up smack close to someone, from far away it might as well be called Everquest.

L2's graphics look a lot better/clean/crisp.
 
Not to mention SWG runs like shit, and is boring as hell. (I played for 4 months, didnt bother quiting because I had nothing else to play.)

It's boring when you grind, and boring when you're done.
 
I'm sorry but L2's graphics are wayyyyy better than SWG's.

Lol, dude im sorry, but your so full of it, the toilets are jealous. I'll post screenshots for you, cause you obviously need a reality check.
 
Originally posted by IceWind
Lol, dude im sorry, but your so full of it, the toilets are jealous. I'll post screenshots for you, cause you obviously need a reality check.

how so? i've played both of them.

L2's graphics >swg's graphics.


like i said, SWG's graphics only really shine through when you are close to someone.

the TERRAIN SUCKS! literally so uninspiried, I never knew a desert was so damn hilly.....(Tatt.)
 
Playing UO was the only time in a mmorpg i really felt that it mimiced another world and place more than any other mmorpg, where you really did make the game yourself doin whatever you wanted.

Thats because it was p v e. I really can't the join up with a party and kill monsters routine. I want to have guilds and clans that can actually fight and take over the game. Lineage 2 is the only mmorpg coming
out anytime soon that is close to uo.

I really want a A Song of Ice and Fire mmorpg. Those of you who have read the books will know what I mean.
 
Originally posted by uB3rn00b3r
Thats because it was p v e. I really can't the join up with a party and kill monsters routine. I want to have guilds and clans that can actually fight and take over the game. Lineage 2 is the only mmorpg coming
out anytime soon that is close to uo.

I really want a A Song of Ice and Fire mmorpg. Those of you who have read the books will know what I mean.

eh? UO was open pvp.


L2 while though it is open pvp it does it very very poorly, there's no "reward" to pk someone like in UO because they don't drop hardly any good thing. UO had both rewards for pk'ing (looting the bodies) and negatives (goin red, etc).

L2 it's ALL negatives , becuase you go red, then get killed and drop your good stuff.
 
well if you drop your good stuff then dont the people that kill you jsut take it? i still havent gotten around to dling this game yet but i will prolly this weekend and spend osme good time iwth it

-warsaw
 
my bad about the p v e.

Most people probally wouldn't like it, but I love the idea of when you are killed in the game, your character is permantly dead. The only problem is when you are first starting out.


Isn't there a new ultima game coming out?
 
Originally posted by warsawtag
well if you drop your good stuff then dont the people that kill you jsut take it? i still havent gotten around to dling this game yet but i will prolly this weekend and spend osme good time iwth it

-warsaw

Yep, you pk someone and turn red, then you'll get killed by someone and drop something REALLY nice and they'll pick it up.

Then you'll be gimped because chances are it was your main armor/weapon and you will NOT have enough $$$ to buy another one and it will suck so much.

But if you kill someone, they MIGHT drop something .0001% of the time, which sucks.

Originally posted by uB3rn00b3r
my bad about the p v e.

Most people probally wouldn't like it, but I love the idea of when you are killed in the game, your character is permantly dead. The only problem is when you are first starting out.


Isn't there a new ultima game coming out?

Yep, but it is NOT a new UO game.

Basicalyl they are making it a new "ultima" (as in the single player games) game but online, there's no open pvp, no housing, no mounts, or anything that really made UO.

It's going to be "another" PVE lv based mmorpg.
 
I still have faith wow will turn out good. I think it will take ff 11 s crown as the best mmorpg imo.
 
Right now i am a level 20 Elf Scout on Server 2.
I am having a blast in this game! As well as alot of people in my clan.

Killing people is fun to because you get a high when you have like 10 people trying to kill you.
 
I've played SWG since october and still think's it's fun. I just try different things out. I also got bored of Mid-evil MMMORPG's
 
Well, this is the first MMORPG that I have playn and I am blown away at how fun and addicting it is! I am definitely considering paying a monthly fee and signing up for this because this is awesome! Anyways, I am a level 7 fighter in server 3 or the Kain server... How do I go about finding a clan? I have already made a few friends and done some party quests with them but I want to join a big clan... My name is unmerciful

-warsaw
 
I know this isn't exactly good forum etiquette, but does anyone have a spare key that they could PM me? I signed up about a week ago and haven't received any response. :(
I'd like to get a feel for the game before I decide whether or not to shell out the moolah for it. Thanks in advance.
 
Hey I would like to play with some of you [H] guys that play Lineage 2... I have a level 8 warrior on Kain server that I play... any other [H]ard people play on the Kain server? My name is unmerciful

-warsaw
 
I play on Lionna because of the fact that it's impossible to play on the others
 
Originally posted by goku238
I play on Lionna because of the fact that it's impossible to play on the others

i play on Kain, lvl 10 human. I'm no longer having any problems playing on Kain. Except it's still very populated, so doing certain quests, and dungeon romping is difficult, because those get PACKED.

Names Adanedhel
 
It takes a while.

My only problem with this game, is when ever I get to the town, my fps drops to a non-playable framerate. I tried turning down the graphics and it did nothing. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top