Lineage 2 open beta

RicKuRuKuS

[H]ard|Gawd
I heard from someone that the Lineage 2 open beta is starting up tomorrow... Is this true? I want to try it out cause I am loking for a good MMORPG to get into...

-warsaw

how many have tried it out? I'm looking for another online RPG to play, i suppose it will be this or WoW...

Don't even bother yet. The servers are swamped because NCSoft is full of dumbfucks

It's damn near impossible to download the 1.08 GB install file ... I've been trying for the last few days, keep getting disconnected/denied.

Don't expect anything new from this game.

The graphics are great (probally the best in any mmorpg to date) but gamewise.....it's another LV treadmill.

It's fun at first, but after you hit lv 20 or so the grind becomes so much, you go to the same spots your same lv's go to to kill creatures and everyone looks so much alike, cookie cutters, there's hardly any customization.

You pretty much know excatly what armor/weapon you're going to get next and when you'll get it.

IMO they should've gone BitTorrent like Blizz, but with a separate standard download for us poor saps who are blocked by paranoid net admins :(

I've heard that the real goal of this game is large scale PvP guild warfare and such, but that it only really starts after you hit lvl 40...

I've been playing Lineage 2 for a 3 months...
I find it a great game.

Some people like different games.

Originally posted by goku238
Don't even bother yet. The servers are swamped because NCSoft is full of dumbfucks

aren't all open bets swamped when the come up? Yes!

Right now at 1:03am.. Servers are easier to log into and their is no lag at all.

Originally posted by NightRaven
IMO they should've gone BitTorrent like Blizz, but with a separate standard download for us poor saps who are blocked by paranoid net admins :(

I've heard that the real goal of this game is large scale PvP guild warfare and such, but that it only really starts after you hit lvl 40...

guild vs guild might work, but as far as open pvp/pk'ing it's fucking terrible.

Basically if you kill someone and go red, you lose most of your good shit.
However killing whites you will hardly EVER get ANYTHING at all.

There's no reward to even try to kill someone.
Then there's the trick to get around it, just hit someone, then wait and if they hit you back,t hey go purple and you can kill them without getting any penalty for it.

Originally posted by Maxxx-
aren't all open bets swamped when the come up? Yes!

Right now at 1:03am.. Servers are easier to log into and their is no lag at all.
They had 3 other open betas to learn from first off.
Second off they said "Oh we didn't think that there would be this many!" Well that excuse is nullified by the fact that they could have easily found out how many keys they sent out. Thirdly, what the hell were they thinking with only 3 servers, each with a cap of about 5k? There's over 50000 people in ONE server. In other betas they started with like 6-8 servers, this one THREE. I still respect them as a developer, but the way they're handling the US market is crap.

that sucks... i was hoping for a new RPG... maybe i'll go back to DAoC, I loved the huge diversity of the classes/skills.

I just got the Beta file from my friend over the network. I can I update this somehow and get it to work in the open beta? Alos, were do I go to get an account if I can do this?
Thanks

If the idea of the game works I think it will be great. Making your own guild and being able to pretty much control entire areas of the game sounds awsome. A huge assault on one of the castles being controlled by a guild would be awsome.

The Koreans sure seem to love the original...

Originally posted by FearThePenguin
the site to dl the beta from is down. any other mirrors?

i don't know of any mirror's. but try Bit Torrent, you'll probably be able to find it.

Although, it's relatively useless at this point. My friends and I all had a LAN on sat. so that we'd all start playing OB the moment it started (12am on sun. morning).

We got in, and it was SWAMPED. you literally couldn't kill anything unless you teamed with a ton of people and tried to take on higher lvl mobs. People were everywhere, many of which being asshats and complianing about Kill Stealing even though there was nothing else TO kill.

After about 2 hours of it being completely lagged (and bugged - the NPC's wouldn't attack back until they were almost dead) they ended up capping the server's. I couldn't get back in, and haven't been able to get back in sense.

I hear there are already people reaching and exceeding lvl 20, which is just insane.

There is an exploit that people were using to take out larger creatures, I dont know exactly what it is.

Right now the servers are completely swamped but what do you expect. Its an open beta. They are stress testing and finding out alot about what they need to do to the servers.

This game is, at its heart, a competitive PVP game. Its not everquest or SWG. There are things in the game that you can only do if you gain power as a clan and take on others.

Finally got on it last night after fighting with the damn password, registration and confirmation code crap *I sure hope they make that easier when the game launches*

Then I had to wait for an unreal 3 hours while the game downloaded updates, even on my 1.5/896 DSL.

Then when I got the registration right, the damn servers were down!!!!

About midnight I finally got on and got to looking at all the boobies and made a Dark Elf sorceress. Game ran like crap, no part in due to the servers being unstable. Game looks real good, not Far Cry quality and not even SWG quality, but decent enough. Forgot what it was like running around as a noob in a totally new MMORPG land after being a veteran DAOC'er.

Control system works well, thank god they added WASD support. Would be nice to be able to increase the size of the menu's, especially at high resolutions, text is also hard to read. They

Magic system works basically the same as DAOC, but damn they need to find an easier way to display message, the text is all cut and moved around, making it really hard to read.

Oh and the DEFINENTLY need to add more faces, hair styles, ect....because everyone looking like a cookie cutter cloned big boobed running around like a ninja dark elf girl, makes the game very bland.

I really want this game to work out. When I get DSL, hopefully soon if sprint quits being lazy, I want a good mmorpg to play. The premise of Lineage 2 sounds really awsome if they can pull it off. I would play it but I am not dling 1 gb on 56k. Hopefully the issues are solved for the official release, I guess that is what a beta is for.

For those of you who have played both, do you perfer wow or l2? and why.

WoW ... definitely feels much more polished. The graphics are better , etc ... though, the lineage2 anime cuteness thing was pretty cool to see in a RPG. The dwarf girl was typical kawaii style.

Im not impressed at all with WOW. The graphic style makes me think cartoon, not serious MMORPG, and just the general outline of the games structure is just not my style.

I think I may just end up going back to DAOC.

Is DAoC any good. I am thinking about buying it. How much is it a month. I want to try a mmorpg for the first time. I hope lineage 2 or wow turn out good cause I want to start playing a new game so I am not a n00b in them.

If I were to go back to DAoC, would it suck without any expansions? I'm kind of wanting to go back, I never played most of the classes I wanted to (never even touched hibernia). If I wanted the latest updates, would I just have to buy the game again?

If you don't have expansions, your gonna be left playing all by yourself, because all the major areas for leveling, items, quests and the new characters and classes must have the expansion packs.

They have a pack now with DAOC and Shrouded Isles together, Trials of Atlantis is still seperate though.

"Access failed. Please try again later"

Anyone else getting this? I've created 2 different accounts and it does this every time I try to log in. I have d/led it.. updated, and get to the logon screen, but can't get any futher? WTF? :confused:

thats because the servers are filled, u just gotta keep trying to logon, sometimes it takes awhile, ive beta tested every one of these betas, america's has the worst lag and servers, all the others had at least 5 servers, we have freakin 3, and they are down 24/7...come on NA NCSoft

BTW: These graphics are much better then SWG's in my opinion. There is much more beauty in this game then there is in SWG because of l2's landscapes, shadows, and lighting.

why can't they make another game like UO was years ago.. it was so fun... now they all focus on large scale warfare... which is crap, since the servers can't ever handle it.. and the bs starts... shadowbane was cool for a while.. but basically all you do is hit r7... make a new guy, hit r7... make a new guy... boring boring boring

BTW: These graphics are much better then SWG's in my opinion. There is much more beauty in this game then there is in SWG because of l2's landscapes, shadows, and lighting.

Dude, your on fucking crack. This game doesn't even come half as good as SWG. SWG actually has pixel shading and bump mapping. I didn't see a trace of either of these anywhere in L2. Not to mention the draw distance is much shorter. The character models in L2 might as well be FF7 figures in comparison to the characters you can create in SWG

Just sucks SWG is just so fucking boring....

well, i applied for beta and got the email....before I go through with this process I would like to hear a few of your opinions of this game.

Is it worth the trouble?

Originally posted by IceWind
Dude, your on fucking crack. This game doesn't even come half as good as SWG. SWG actually has pixel shading and bump mapping. I didn't see a trace of either of these anywhere in L2. Not to mention the draw distance is much shorter. The character models in L2 might as well be FF7 figures in comparison to the characters you can create in SWG

Just sucks SWG is just so fucking boring....
Bump mapping no, but yea you're right, there's no Pixel shader box or anything which makes the water look really good :rolleyes:

Either way, it doesn't matter. What you can't play you can't appreciate :mad: Bloody NCSoft

What you can't play you can't appreciate Bloody NCSoft

Becasue they have ALOT of competition to go up against, and if they half ass this, the game wont last long. Granted, I like seeing swinging dark elf boobies as much as the next guy:D

well its doing very good in Korea and other countries.

I am sure it will do well in the US

Korea and USA are COMPLETELY different markets. Just look at the console sales for an example of this.

Back