Line-In Delay

DangerIsGo

2[H]4U
I just purchased the Auzentech Bravura 7.1 card and I do have one problem with it. I use Windows 7 x64 FYI. When I click 'Monitor' (I connected my guitar amp headphone jack to the Line In), I get about a half second to a second delay. This never happened with my Audigy 2 ZS. I was wondering if this was typical or if somethings wrong. I have tried all possible outputs (speakers, headphones and optical) and all have this delay.

I returned the card and got a X-Fi Titanium and I am experiencing the same exact thing. Anyone know what could be the issue? Again, when I have my Audigy 2 ZS plugged in, I do not experience this delay.

It sounds like you are monitoring post-AD conversion and are hearing a delay due to the size of the input & output buffers. What software are you using to record your guitar? In your recording software, make sure you are using the cards ASIO driver. The ASIO driver should include a control panel that will allow you to decrease the buffer size and minimize the delay.

I'm not too familiar with consumer sound cards, so if you're not able to change the ASIO buffer size with the included driver, you can try using this driver instead:

http://www.asio4all.com/

Again, you choose that driver from within your recording application.

Back