Limiting login time for network shares?

whrswoldo

2[H]4U
As the title implies, I would like a way to limit the length of time a computer can be logged into another's network share in WinXP Pro.

I have a peer to peer network setup with one computer sharing folders to others on the network using a specific login account and password. When I go to access the folders from another computer on the network, a box pops up prompting me for a user name and password. Even though I do not click "remember this password," I am able to access the share indefinitely until I restart the computer that I am using to access the share with.

I would like to have to reenter the login/password after a certain length of time, or ideally after the connection being idle for some length of time. Is there a server side setting I can use to accomplish this?

I currently have the following settings enabled in Administrative tools/Local security settings:
Microsoft network server: Amount of idle time...: 15 minutes
Microsoft network server: Disconnect clients when logon hours expire: Enabled
However I am still able to access the shares after days of idle time :confused:

*Shameless bump*

I'm now offering a picture of an uneaten twix bar to anyone who can help!

that setting probably has nothing to do with the computer serving the shares, and more to do with the client computer "remembering" the crednetials it sent the first time. its a convenience feature of windows.

i have no idea how you would circumvent this, other than logging off or rebooting.

Back