LiLi V2100 - How much room for the PSU exactly?

AreEss

2[H]4U
Could someone with a V2100 perchance grab a tape measure and find out exactly how much room there is between the back plate and the drive bays?
Or, shorter version, what's the maximum length PSU I can get into a V2100 without cutting, and with at least 1" between the drive cage and the PSU?

Thanks!

You wouldn't need to cut anything if you wanted to extend your PSU compartment... all you would need is 6 m3 standoffs... (although your PSU compartment would now have more air exposure)

J-Mag said:
You wouldn't need to cut anything if you wanted to extend your PSU compartment... all you would need is 6 m3 standoffs... (although your PSU compartment would now have more air exposure)

Yeah. This is not an option. This has to be a flat back, and I need to find out if I can fit a certain PSU in there before I drop $320 on the case. (And $1200 on the PSU.) :(

AreEss said:
Yeah. This is not an option. This has to be a flat back, and I need to find out if I can fit a certain PSU in there before I drop $320 on the case. (And $1200 on the PSU.) :(

Exactly what PSU are you going to use that will cost $1200 ? (link it :) )

As well, what will you be using the case (and the power) for exactly? (specs!)

cnick79 said:
A lot of Opterons and a lot of video..... hmm....

Not quite the sort you're thinking, unfortunately. It's more 'OMG NEED SLOTS AND POWER' than 'OMG POWER POWER POWER.'

Go fig that Etasys' website is being a pain.. it's 258mm deep. Easier if I knew exactly how much PSU I can fit in there, as opposed to playing 'which one fits.' :(

Well if you can wait until this time next when I get my V2100 for my next build, I will gladly help.

Why don't you look into a bigger case?

cnick79 said:
Why don't you look into a bigger case?

Because this can't be rackmounted (hereafter referred to as Headache A) and there really isn't anything bigger than the LiLi V2100 in terms of board real estate, which is what I so desperately need. Yes, the CM Stacker has lots of room, but then comes Headache B, which is that this is a very EMI/RFI noisy environment - so scratch the Stacker. Even if it'd pass a test, there's no way it'd pass in here; as is I'm going to have to add more to the LiLi.
*sigh* Why can't I have easy projects more often? ;P

AreEss said:

So then are you removing the 120mm CPU exhaust baffel? Because this sticks out a little over an inch so if your PSU compartment did the same it still would technically be flush...

J-Mag said:
So then are you removing the 120mm CPU exhaust baffel? Because this sticks out a little over an inch so if your PSU compartment did the same it still would technically be flush...

No baffle; you're confusing models. The V2100's all have the same internals, but the baffle's only on the V2100+'s. The original V2100 has a mesh grill there.

Still need that magic number. :(

Hmm, those EFRP-3356 redundant PSUs are quite long. I'm pretty sure you will have to remove the Divider between the PSU and drive cage areas, and possibly remove 6 of the 3.5" bays to fit it in.

For reference (from the 'lot of hdds' thread in the gallery) that psu is 220mm deep.

squeezee said:
Hmm, those EFRP-3356 redundant PSUs are quite long. I'm pretty sure you will have to remove the Divider between the PSU and drive cage areas, and possibly remove 6 of the 3.5" bays to fit it in.

For reference (from the 'lot of hdds' thread in the gallery) that psu is 220mm deep.

Here is five minutes of cussing.
Now then... any cases SIMILAR to the V2100B I can look at that have room for a 258mm PSU?

Back