(Like) or (+1) Posts/Replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurntToast

2[H]4U
This has likely been brought up more times than Steve's bra pics. I would just like to put another vote in the Yay column for being able to Like a post. Giving authors credit/pat on the back for their comment.

Not every thread/post deserves a reply. Especially if you are just going to mimic what has already been said.

So the ability to Like a post would be a great asset. It would give users more insight into the communities opinion on a certain subject before walking into a hornets nest.

I might be wrong, but I would assume the reason this does not exist is either because maintaining such a module would be a PITA. From my experience forum updates tend to break most mods. Such a mod might also impact post (reply) counts.

If the idea ever comes back around, put me down in favor for such a move.

Then you get the postwhores who start parroting whatever is the popular opinion to get the +1... for instance:

PC de masta race!!!

I hate EA and will never buy EA!

Apple can suck my balls

I hate X because Y and it didn't only happen to me, but it happened to Z, therefore, you should hate X too!

Rabble rabble rabble, etc etc...

In short, my vote is HELL NO.

I'm not talking about Reddit style +1 where someone is carrying around 1 million karma.

The reply will have 20+ or so and that is it. In their profile it isn't even mentioned.

Would just assist when people make worthwhile comments and only for that comment.

Ain't gonna happen. Take it Reddit or FaceBook.

Then it would turn out like OCN did. People fussing about they didn't get a rep for posting help. It tuned out to be such a bad thing over there. Now they think if they have more rep showing they automatically know more.

I understand what you are trying to say. Instead +1 rep. A "Thanks Button" might would have been better worked for what you wanted though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back