Like cyberpunk? RPGs? Check this out.

NeuroMaster

Limp Gawd
I play a role-playing MOO called Cybersphere (http://cs.vv.com). It's a pretty cool game, with a fairly large playerbase and codebase. At any given time there're between 5-30 different players logged on, and the admin do a pretty good job of enforcing good RP and keeping things fun. The game mechanics are fantastic, including a combat system featuring everything from martial arts to submachine guns to rocket launchers and vehicles sporting 90mm cannons. And since it's cyberpunk, you get to play with all sorts of cool combat implants and implanted weapons.

For those of you who're less interested in combat, the game also has a fully developed and hackable matrix system, code for mechanics, electricians, doctors, thieves, scavengers, guntechs, and even lawyers.

There're numerous groups within the game, both admin-supported and player run including the Italian Mafia, the Yakuza, the Police, and numerous gangs and corporations all of which include player characters.

The commands are surprisingly intuitive for a text-based RPG, and most players (including myself) and admin will be happy to help you get started whether you're a neophyte or a hardened role-player.

We're looking to expand our playerbase, so if this sounds like it appeals to you, take a look at the website, send me a PM, and give it a try. It's totally free and the only requirement to join is a non-anonymous email address (something like an ISP or school address, not gmail or similar), a telnet client, and the desire to have a good time.

Check it out, we're really hoping to attract some fresh blood and get people excited about a game that's been being played and improved for well over 8 years. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or mail me in-game. My OOC tag is Ed, and my current character is Horse. Hope to see you on the streets of New Carthage!

Looks interesting. I'll try to check it out this week sometime, thanks for the info.

Actually, HellMOO has developed something of a reputation as a ghetto for twinks who've been banned from Cybersphere :p

But yeah, it's a similar basic idea, but executed (in my opinion) much better.

Back