Lightest mouse for palming w/ good side grips, easy to pick up w/ small hands

SpiderWaffle

Limp Gawd
So far the lightest I've found like this is the imperrator, at 100 g, and my favorite of any mice I've tried. There are some mice around 60 g but they are all designed for claw gripping and are awkward and hard to pick up with palm grip.

Yeah there aren't a lot of lightweight palm mice. The Logitech MX518/G400 are the lightest palm grip mice I've ever used myself.

Those seem like contenders, they're 103 and 105g, similar shape, but might be better than imperrator.

razer abyssus, it's awesome mouse

This mouse is very small and super light - it slides on goliathus control super easy. It's very precise and perfect for BW or SC2. And the most important - the price is very low compared to other mices.

Overall I really recommend this cheap mice. Weight is 52g appx

Last edited:
The Abyssus and these other mice being recommended aren't really palm grip mice unless you have pretty small hands.

I really loved the Logitech M705 wireless, only problem is it's wireless and don't think they make a wired version. The shape and feel is pretty much exactly what I want. I might try to mod a wire to it.

The Razer Deathadder is my alltime favorite gaming mouse. Easily the most comfortable Ive ever used. Its also extremely light. Lighter than my G9 with all the weights out. The size of it is a little smaller than one youd use the palm grip for but might still be big enough to work for you. Head over to Best Buy if you have one local and feel one up. They usually have 1 out on display. If not, theyll let you bring it back and return it within 30 days.

Tried deathadder but the shape didn't work well for me, it's also 130g, I thought it was like the inteli or habu shape but worse.

Most people here recommend only claw / fingertip mice (who can palm abyssus/kinzu?)

I would recommend a true palm grip mouse which is lighter than all the "real" palm mice here:

Zowie EC1/2.

The shape is like a mix between IME 3.0 and Deathadder but smaller and lighter - when I compared it to the Deathadder the Zowie felt much less bulky and much easier to grip.

Its an amazing mouse regardless of the weight and here are some specs (without cable):

EC1 = 97g
EC2 = 93g (Its the same shape as EC1 but 20% smaller)
MX518 = 106g
DeathAdder 3.5g (the new ver) = 113g
IE 3.0 = 106g

And for all the skeptical people - you do notice a difference of 10 grams.

Yeah I don't know of anybody that can palm grip an abyssus or kinzu either.

That said I've never used the Zowie, but it sounds like it should at least be in the running.

For myself, my hands are huge and I have long fingers. I've since just converted to a sort of half and half claw/fingertip grip and use the CM Storm Spawn. It's super lightweight at about 85g. My wrist has been happier with me ever since the switch.

I have a Razer Abyssus in 2009 and used for over 2 years. During that year, I decided to buy 4 as spares in case if it is about to worn out.

Before that 2009, I used to have Razer Proclick 1.6 (Remember Razer Copperhead? Man, I missed that.) it was the lightest mouse I've ever owned. Now this, Abyssus is now lightest mouse I've owned so far this year.

So yeah, it's up to you.

I've been using the Kinzu lately, I think it's got a good balanced attribute to it. Just make sure you use a hardpad to max out it's potential.

G9x without weights in it feels the smallest/lightest to me.

Last edited:
I'd love to out a spawn but I don't know any stores that sell it besides online. the ec 2 looks interesting but I think it's too similar to inteli to be much improvement over it.

I really like over hangs on the thumb and a way for the pinky to get some grip.

I have a Steelseries Ikari.. its 98g. For me it's easy to palm and lift.

The Abyssus and these other mice being recommended aren't really palm grip mice unless you have pretty small hands.

my hands are not large by any stretch of the imagination and it is fingertip only for me (i can't even claw it).

for palm i'd say the minimum size is ~a WMO

I would steer clear of laser sensors, they are still not better than the gaming optical sensors of today.
I use a WMO 1.1a its like 12 bucks(Newegg, Amazon), light and easy to pick up. If you want a higher quality mouse with the same shape with more buttons look at the Steel-series Kinzu V2, Kinzu V2 Pro and the Kana. These are the mice that all pro gamers are now converting to. If you don't believe me that optical sensors are better take a look at this Truthful Mouse Guide
Also visit ESReality's Hardware Section.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
These are the mice that all pro gamers are now converting to.

Where the hell you get that info? The only pro gamers that might convert to these mice are the ones that are signed to teams that are directly sponsored by SteelSeries.

And if you talk about those mice you should also suggest the one mouse that just came out that has a far better sensor which is the Zowie AM.

People shouldn't buy just what the pro gamers use because all of the pro gamers are forced to use their sponsor's hardware.

*** Actually the only pro gamer that comes to mind that doesn't use his team's hardware is SK-Rapha which thinks their mice are so bad that he continues to use his good old WMO.

I would steer clear of laser sensors, they are still not better than the gaming optical sensors of today.
I use a WMO 1.1a its like 12 bucks(Newegg, Amazon), light and easy to pick up. If you want a higher quality mouse with the same shape with more buttons look at the Steel-series Kinzu V2, Kinzu V2 Pro and the Kana. These are the mice that all pro gamers are now converting to. If you don't believe me that optical sensors are better take a look at this Truthful Mouse Guide
Also visit ESReality's Hardware Section.

A giant majority of this is just flat out misinformation. And also, if you actually read ESreality you'll find out that most FPS pros dislike a lot of Steelseries mice because they're terrible about things like acceleration, prediction, and angle snapping.

Some of the most winning progamers from the last year use a wide variety of mice. Some of them use a fairly shit basic logitech optical. Others, like IMMvp who's won probably $300,000 over the last year playing Starcraft 2, use the Logitech G9x. Some of them use the Deathadder. Some of them use a Zowie Mico.

It's entirely personal preference.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think it does come down to personal preference. I just got a SS Kana and I was gaming with a DA BE for the last year or so. In about 2 days of playing with the Kana I feel my game has gotten better and I now prefer the Kana to the DA. :cool:

I came close to getting the Kinzu v2 Pro, it is smaller than the Kana but the Kana isn't too small for me it's just right. It is lighter than the DA and easier to maneuver. It's very fast and precise. Kana is great medium size mouse.

Back