Light weight burning programs?

Cyper

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for any light weight burning programs, I can't stand programs such as Nero etc, they're way too bloated and annoying for my taste. Also I don't burn cds that often at all, so a small non annoying program would be ideal.

I saw BurnAware mentioned in another post, after installing and running the program it seemed great, very light weight and simple ui however when I'd go to burn something it wouldn't detect my drive SH-S203B with SB03 firmware.

Does anyone know of any other programs like this? Or know if there is a fix to the BurnAware one so it supports my drive?

The options in BurnAware seemed great, burn iso, burn data, burn music, burn bootable disc etc would be great in such a lightweight program.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

BurnAware and CDBurnerXP are great, basic burning apps that have one major drawback for me...they can't detect SATA burners that are on AHCI enabled ports.

I love ImgBurn - http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=screenshots

In spite of what the name implies, you can burn files with it, not just images. You can also use it to rip discs to image files.

BurnAware and CDBurnerXP are great, basic burning apps that have one major drawback for me...they can't detect SATA burners that are on AHCI enabled ports.

Not sure if ImgBurn can handle that or not, but I can't see why it wouldn't.

ImgBurn is fantastic. The only issue that I'd take with it is that it's not as straight forward as it could be on burning certain things (i.e. audio discs). Disclaimer: I haven't updated in a while so it might have changed.

However, the forums and instructions are top notch. It's worth a shot to see what you think.

This must be why BurnAware doesn't work for me, using a SATA driver in AHCI.

Thanks, I'll give this one a shot, hopefully it doesn't have the same problems as the other ones with SATA/AHCI.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses.

EDIT: Awesome, ImgBurn seems to be working great and has all the options I need really. Thanks to everyone again.

I have been using infrarecorder, Works really well and very lightweight

I just started using ImgBurn again after nero pissed me off for the last time and the latest build is pretty damn good. Not something I would rec for my grandmother but it does the job with little fuss.

Another vote for ImgBurn, which does what most people need to do for free with a minimalistic install.

Recent versions of Nero have gotten really excessive in terms of DRM, feature bloat and crapware installs.

ImgBurn has been one of my favorite burning tools for a wile now, however I'm not to fond of it for burning music. If you burn allot of music take a look at Burrrn.

I still use Nero (Lite) 7.9.6.0 with Windows 7 for all my general purpose burns and ImgBurn for ISO burning duties specifically. No real reason not to just Nero as it does all the same stuff, I suppose.

Last edited:
I also use Nero Lite for general file/music burning. ImgBurn handles all my images. You're not the only one Joe.

This company makes a lot of lite programs. Their ISO burner is completely free. Some of the other programs you need to buy. They have a neat little tool that formats USB floppy/drives to be bootable also.

Last edited:
I use powerISO for my CD/DVD mounting needs and since it already has a great burning utility built in, there is no need to add a second, unnecessary piece of software.

Back