Light, small gaming mouse

quantum112

Limp Gawd
So, my Steelseries Xai finally broke (scroll wheel & LMB). Good riddance, Xai, you won't be missed...

I am without a mouse atm, and I borrowed my brother's Logitech B110, this is a basic 8$ mouse I think, no side buttons or anything. What can I say, wow. I played Blacklight Retribution and got scores like 22:4 after adjusting my sensitivity (it has "only" 800 DPI).

The mouse fits me like a glove, it's just short enough to fit perfectly for this kind of grip (I believe the length is key), and the weight, just 70 grams...The click switches feel better, I can click things a lot more faster and precisely, it's just WTH. I would never expect a $8 mouse to blow away the Xai, but that's how it turns out in my case.

Before this I used a Diamondback 3G which I also liked for the shape although the grip was slightly different. I felt the Xai was really big, clumsy, heavy, was impossible to grip properly, I don't know, awful thing. I guess I cannot use a mouse like that.

I mostly use my wrist to move the mouse with only some forearm movement (finger grip I guess).

Honestly I'd keep this mouse, but I need the side buttons :( For most games (not to mention back/forward in a browser).

I'd need some suggestions for a mouse similar to this in the gaming tier, the specs of the Logitech mouse are:

Weight: ~70g
Dimensions: 110x55x38mm (LxWxH)

P.S. I am left-handed, I think this cuts down my choices severely...

Thanks

I would suggest the Razer Orochi. The dimensions are 4x2.625x1.25 inches. It's symmetrical so you shouldn't have a problem using it.

I'm not a dude, so I have a hard as hell time finding a gaming mouse that fits me, especially since I'm a claw grip user who hates my palm touching any part of the mouse.

I have two mice I use:
- gripless and weightless Logitech G9x (which I bought to replace my old G9 which I accidentally shorted out)
- Razer Orochi

The bluetooth on the Orochi is atrocious in terms of reliability -- I would only use it without the USB cord if it were with my HTPC. With the USB cord, it's decent, but the tracking smoothness is somewhat inferior to the G9x. The fact that I bought a G9x to replace my G9 should tell you how much I like it.

The MW3 version of the G9x tends to be cheaper interestingly enough. Which is fine since I don't use the ugly grip anyway.

Edit: I didn't see the left-handed part...that is unfortunate...the G9/G9x is a righty mouse :(

I know a lot of people complain about fitting this mouse into their game (and hand), but I simply LOVE my RAT 7. Small, nice weight, good glides, GREAT lasers ... much better than the Razer Mamba I used to use :D

same issue solved - needed smaller than normal gaming mouse , found steelseries kana
only problem is that this one is symmetric, one side button on right, fortunately easy to push

I was looking for dimensions <115 mm <65mm width and most important height below 40/38mm , with 2 thumbs buttons, ergonomic and corded

I ordered a Deathadder but I like the Zowie Gear AM i'm using now. I ordered it because I felt I should try something other than big Logitech mice.
light and very comfortable because of the rubber like surface. like you I use a finger grip and used to set it at the highest speed but now its at the meduim speed (took me a while to get used to).

only con is the wheel in battlefield games, sometimes when I want to change weapon (scroll) it does a melee attack (click) :(

I know you said you need side buttons but how badly do you need them :) If you've found your perfect mouse, minus say 2 buttons, would it be possible to map their function to a key on your keyboard? If it is indeed a deal breaker, someone mentioned the Kana which is probably a very good option or maybe a logitech g300 but I personally hate how it looks (though I haven't actually held one.)

Zowie AM might be a decent choice too but those get expensive in the $60-65 range I believe and has a, well, unique shape. I have one and find it very difficult to grip due to the /_\ shape of the body, however others rave about it..personal preference I guess.

There is also the option of the Steelseries Sensei [RAW] which is $60 from amazon. I know you weren't super jazzed about getting another Xai, and while the RAW is basically the same thing, might be worth a look :)

Roccat Kova+

Trust me on this one, it's the best and most botique light and small mouse you can get.

G9x has negative accel (I noticed it, some don't), Orochi is like a mobile mouse (its too small).

The copperhead was my first favorite mouse, and I was sad they stopped making it, but, the Kova+ is what I see as the sucessor to the copperhead.

hmmm, i don't know about G9x having negative accel but mine is really good

if you remove all the weights on it, the mouse it very precise and very light

i highly recommend it especially if you are a finger tip/ clar grip user

I really like my CM Storm Spawn .... My hands are all messed up with carpal tunnel, arthritus (sp) and other fun stuff but this Spawn has always done me right.

Back