light gaming / internet advice....

UrbN

Limp Gawd
I got the dough to get a laptop finally, i'm at $500, but i can go higher. I'm a firefighter, and we have a ton of down time, and i dont wanna miss out on world of warcraft, and the internet. I'd like some advice on a laptop that will do the job for what i'm looking for... thanks a ton.

if its just WoW that you wanna play most dedicated graphic units in laptops should do the job. If you wanna play something more graphically advanced then it can get pricey depending on how far you wanna go.

For your basic needs + WoW there are plenty of options so what criteria are you looking at most?

Portability? Screen size will need to be considered along with weight, larger battery and screen = heavier but if this isnt gonna move around alot then you can just keep it connected through the plug most of the time without worrying about the battery.

The more portable you get though, the pricier it gets but there is a good deal on the Dell Vostro 1400 right now, it comes with a GeForce 8400 GS which I suppose will run WoW well enough. It's currently $599. There is also the 1500 for the same price but you get the option to upgrade to a 8600 GS I believe which will run most games you will probably wanna play.

I'm looking to spend around maybe 900 or so on it, with vista, something about 1gig totally, but most alright laptops i see have only 512 which sucks...

Well I would look at the Dell 1420 or Vistro 1400. Decent performance and it should stay within your budget.

your best bet is the vostro 1500 with the smart value upgrade. i think the vostro 1400 comes to around $699 with the 8400gs video card, while the 1500 comes with it for $599

Vostro 1400 starts at $599 too, I just bought one so I would know.

Anyway get the 1500 if you want a bigger screen but its all preference. Both share similar specs and should have 1gig of ram.

Back