• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lifetime Warranty

hhara

Gawd
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
817
Just looking for some clarification here... I have read BFG's Warranty on their website but it does not answer this question. They say it has a lifetime warranty, does that mean you can only replace it once in your lifetime? Or can I replace it multiple times? If so, what is the difference between BFG's "Lifetime Warranty" and XFX's "Double Lifetime Warranty"?
 
XFX's double lifetime warranty means if you were to sell or give your card to another person, they would get the second warranty. Warranties usually only apply to the first owner.
 
They say it has a lifetime warranty, does that mean you can only replace it once in your lifetime? Or can I replace it multiple times?

As far as Im concerned, if you use your warranty to replace a bad card then the NEW card you get should also come with a warranty...meaning that you would get unlimited warranty returns...a new one for each new card.

Also, and I dont know about XFX...but back in the day (1-2 years ago lol) BFG had the best return policy around...I had a 9600GT that had to be replaced...I had no issues or problems WHAT SO EVER from BFG...told the guy the card was bad, he gave me a RMA number and address to ship it too, did so got my new card cross shipped...no issues or BS what so ever, was very happy with BFG. They didnt even need any proof of purchase or anything, no receipt, no nothing, just simple 1-2-3!

Ive heard that XFX is the same, but again, cant comment.
 
evga/bfg only applies to orignal owner if registered within 30days with receipt while xfx if registered can be transfered to 2nd owner.
 
Back
Top