Life-long nVidia user debating going AMD

True, you have to run the pre-190 drivers - it works on XP and W7


EDIT



Yes, but there are also rumors floating around that Nvidias new hardware is not so great... Ugly and Devoid of hope


EDIT, again

I am, by no means, a FAN BOY of any particular hardware, I buy / use what what works. I am just passing on info.

Charlie is not a credible source on any planet ( including mercury)
 
Sure thing, that's why I labeled it a rumor. But it would surprise me if Nvidia released much more than a more power efficient and slightly faster 285 this year.

I think the bottom line for the OP is to get the baddest card he can afford when he is ready to buy. Check the benchies right before purchase to see what the best bang/buck you can get for the intended purpose.
Honestly, chalie's crap isn't worthy of being called a rumor.

Charlie is not a credible source on any planet ( including mercury)
He is on Uranus.
 
Remember, to 99% of games the Q6600 being quad core doesn't mean jack shit. A Core 2 Duo at 2.4ghz and a Core 2 Quad at 2.4ghz will have damn near identical FPS in most games. And most people will probably agree that a Core 2 Duo at 2.4ghz can quite easily become a limiting factor in games. So don't get hung up on it being a Q6600 ;)

DirectX 11 looks to have some very interesting ideas when it comes to making games more multithreaded, but of course we won't see if it actually works in the real world for probably another year or so.

Resident Evil 5 will use up to 8 cores, and lots of recent games use 4.
 
Remember, to 99% of games the Q6600 being quad core doesn't mean jack shit. A Core 2 Duo at 2.4ghz and a Core 2 Quad at 2.4ghz will have damn near identical FPS in most games. And most people will probably agree that a Core 2 Duo at 2.4ghz can quite easily become a limiting factor in games. So don't get hung up on it being a Q6600 ;)

DirectX 11 looks to have some very interesting ideas when it comes to making games more multithreaded, but of course we won't see if it actually works in the real world for probably another year or so.

most game or some game?

I find Q6600 @ 2.4G having more fps than 2.4G dual core in most games that I play...

unless you are talking about kimchi game, then that will be a different story to begin with..

anyway, a Q6600 @ 3.6G is a easy OC there, and I really doubt there is any card or even next generation will get bottleneck with that... unless somehow ATI or nVidia pull the trigger and unleash their beast out.
 
Back
Top