• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lies about glossy monitors

wandplus

Gawd
Joined
Jan 14, 2020
Messages
596
I just searched all 27 inch monitors I could find on Amazon.ca which claimed a glossy monitor. I found all of them were anti-glare screens. Actually, there's one where I couldn't find the information but I'm guessing from what I saw that it's also matte finish.
 
I just searched all 27 inch monitors I could find on Amazon.ca which claimed a glossy monitor. I found all of them were anti-glare screens. Actually, there's one where I couldn't find the information but I'm guessing from what I saw that it's also matte finish.
True full glossy/glare displays are exceedingly rare.
My QD-OLED is for example glossy but only comparatively to full matte display or even semi-glossy displays - otherwise it is itself not quite full glossy either.

For my sensibilities this is not a bad thing but I understand why someone would want just true glossy display. For now I guess the only option is to try to remove AG coating and hope it won't ruin panel like it will for sure ruin monitor's warranty.
 
True full glossy/glare displays are exceedingly rare.
My QD-OLED is for example glossy but only comparatively to full matte display or even semi-glossy displays - otherwise it is itself not quite full glossy either.

For my sensibilities this is not a bad thing but I understand why someone would want just true glossy display. For now I guess the only option is to try to remove AG coating and hope it won't ruin panel like it will for sure ruin monitor's warranty.
On monitors it is. Glossy is common on televisions. QD-OLED TVs like the A95L use PDC, though, which gives blacks a purplish tint.
 
My issue is I can tell the anti-glare screens give a slightly darker image. Glossy is brighter, more vibrant.
 
The issue with matte screens is the pixel blur and fuzziness.

Regardless of what anyone says, it's extremely obvious at normal viewing distance, and makes an image look soft and dull

1735607439321.jpeg
 
Back
Top