Lian Li Window Doors

Chunkylover21

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
92
I want a window door and believe that Lian Li screws you over by refusing to sell their cases with windows in them and having you buy them separately.

Ive been thinking of cutting out of the stock door and putting my own plexiglass in. Will this be a really heard thing to do? I dont have the case yet but Im getting a 1000/1200 and wonder if the doors are too thick to be cut.

On the other hand can you guys link me to somewhere that has the doors for cheap?
 
Performance-pcs.com

trust me......a beautiful Lian-Li case does not deserve a shitty window.....let the pros do it.

Performance has a ton of mods and if you want them to will do custom work for you as well.
 
They can be cut however I wouldn't try with less than a good dremel, diamond edged cuttings discs and a lot of patience/practice.

If you get normal hardened cutting discs you'd get about an inch before you had to change it.


I suggest doing the same as me and finding a local place with a laser/water jet cutter and making a design for them to do, it only cost me £37 compared to the £80 Kustom PCs wanted for the same thing.
 
They can be cut however I wouldn't try with less than a good dremel, diamond edged cuttings discs and a lot of patience/practice.

If you get normal hardened cutting discs you'd get about an inch before you had to change it.


I suggest doing the same as me and finding a local place with a laser/water jet cutter and making a design for them to do, it only cost me £37 compared to the £80 Kustom PCs wanted for the same thing.


You might wanna revise your dremel technique... :)

Those diamond disks are not meant for anything other than glass/ceramic. I've cut about a full two straight feet with a regular reinforced cutoff disk... it's all in the technique.

You make multiple passes at the surface, and use only the weight of the tool. Cutting straight through it in one pass really eats those disks up.

Yep, getting a laser cut done for about 40$ is a good idea too, or you could go get an aluminum jigsaw blade pack (2 for 5$) and do it yourself in no time.
 
It won't take no time if the design is as complex as mine and you want a nice finish :p You would have to do a fair bit of grinding/sanding if you used a jigsaw (that's assuming you have one and you can cut the design out with it).

In regards to how I used the dremel, I was doing exactly what you said on a G50 ;) It has thinner side panels and I was only getting around 10 inches out of a single disc before having to change. I was exaggerating slightly when I said one inch however that clearly doesn't translate well into text.
 
Back
Top