Lian Li wheels question.

Scorpionjwp

2[H]4U
I have a case mod in progress I'm been working on for some time. I had to resort to using crappy wheels for the base, that which is very difficult to move around.

I am in need of new wheels for my case and came across the pair of Lian Li wheels with brake on one set of wheels. I ask because the case I'm building weights about 70-110lbs.

About how many pounds can be asserted upon these wheels?

Check my thread project: Beast III (in the worklogs). I have the same wheels and I feel they would not hold up well for the weights we have planned (me about 60-70 pounds). Give it a try. Let us know if all my extra work was for nothing. Thanks.

Steven

I was actually wondering this same thing myself. Also, where did you get just the wheels from? I really want those wheels but definately don't want to have to buy the case. Thanks

smartdude24 said:
I was actually wondering this same thing myself. Also, where did you get just the wheels from? I really want those wheels but definately don't want to have to buy the case. Thanks

silverpcs, or silver-pcs i cant remember which, but they are lian li's US importer, google em...

Scorpionjwp said:
I have a case mod in progress I'm been working on for some time. I had to resort to using crappy wheels for the base, that which is very difficult to move around.

I am in need of new wheels for my case and came across the pair of Lian Li wheels with brake on one set of wheels. I ask because the case I'm building weights about 70-110lbs.

About how many pounds can be asserted upon these wheels?

WTF kind of case are you making that might weigh 70 - 110 pounds? is it made out of gold or armor plating? jesus! :eek:

GQCarrick said:
WTF kind of case are you making that might weigh 70 - 110 pounds? is it made out of gold or armor plating? jesus! :eek:
he's taking it out east ;)

I don't think that 75-100lbs. would be a problem for those wheels at all.
The weight in a PC is more or less evenly distributed so max load per wheel shouldn't exceed 30lbs or so.
The axles are in plastic bushings, but it's not like you're actually rolling this thing around much, so that shouldn't be a prob either.

Wheels available here.

The case in question is my monster rig I'm still building:
Also you can find these lian li wheels at frozencpu.com

NewView1.jpg

Scorpionjwp said:
The case in question is my monster rig I'm still building:
Also you can find these lian li wheels at frozencpu.com

NewView1.jpg

GOOD GOD!!! THAT'S HUGE!

Why don't you add tracks to the bottom and a turrent because that thing is a damn tank not a computer, lol.

Ok I emailed Lian li a few days ago, and they have responded back about the wheels

Their case wheels will take up to 250lbs max.

Which is really great because I can use one set of wheels instead of two sets. Oh btw, I didn't have to spend $$$ for the acrylic it was given to me free. And the case gets pretty cool on the inside with the 5 fans and watercooling setup.

Scorpionjwp said:
Ok I emailed Lian li a few days ago, and they have responded back about the wheels

Their case wheels will take up to 250lbs max.

Which is really great because I can use one set of wheels instead of two sets. Oh btw, I didn't have to spend $$$ for the acrylic it was given to me free. And the case gets pretty cool on the inside with the 5 fans and watercooling setup.

it really depends on what you are wheeling around on....ok the wheels can probably support a ton, but as soon as you move it it puts longitudinal force on the rotation axis of the caster and the problem begins when theres carpet...you can pull the case around and what happens is one snaps because of becoming skewed as well as a hell of a lot of downward force. i wouldnt trust lian li wheels for what you have there.

i have a v-1000b...i always sit on it and ride it in to lan parties, im a lazy bastard. im 215lbs, and my comp weighs 45 minimum, so you should have no problem with that

Back