• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lian Li vs Antec 900?

repeatx3

n00b
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
62
I will need a new case and I have been wavering between two cases, the
Lian Li v1000plus

and the Antec 900.

I have the opportunity to get the Antec 900 at a very good price and it will ultimately be half the cost of the v1000. People say the 900 looks ugly but it looks decent to me. I want a cool running computer and if it is worth the cost of going with the v1000, I will go with it. However if I do order it, ouch for shipping to Hawaii, but it is a beautiful case.

Kind of leaning toward the 900 for now as it seems like a good value, input is appreciated.
 
I just moved all my stuff froma P180B to a 900. The 900 runs about 5C cooler than the P180. That may be due to the 200mm fan, or it may be due to the reseating of my 9500 LED. Anyways, the only problem I have is that the case is very difficult to do wire management with. There really is no place to put them except in the bottom, and just let them sit there. I'm going to have to come up with something else. Overall I really do like the look and the cooling of the case, just need to clean it up a bit.
 
That forum link doesnt really mean much considering there are plenty of people and even a few on these forums that already have the case and it works fine for them.

On topic, IMO, the only thing the 900 has on the V1000B is the price although from reviews, the 900 also seems to be a great case so I don't know if the V1000B is worth double the 900. You cant really lose either way.
 
I have v1000b and personally i have had no problems with it. Not the most quiet case i've ever had but it's not really loud either. I like the looks of it myself, but that's just me. :p
If price is a factor or if you don't care what the case looks like (the 900 isn't really that bad looking though), then the cheaper case probably is your best bet. Since your the one that will have to look at it day after day, i'd make the best choice you can now.
Just my .02 tho
 
I don't really see a reason not to go with the Antec 900 since it's half the price of the v1000plus. Both cases have great airflow and will help you run your system nice and cool. If you're worried about the problem with having enough clearance for DVI cables to reach the graphics card, you can always mod the case a little with the right tools.

I recently made the switch from a dying 20" CRT to a 20.1" widescreen LCD and had a similar problem with cable clearance. Because I didn't want to wait any longer to tryout the new monitor, I did a "case mod" (lol) with the help of a screwdriver I had hanging around.

Note: Don't do this to your case. I was short on time and I don't really care how this looks since I'm replacing the entire system in 3 weeks.

lolcasemodjs3.png


It doesn't look pretty, but it does the job just fine. If I hadn't been impatient and gone to my friend's shop to borrow some tools, I would have an example of how you can fix the problem. However, this is on an aging system which will be replaced pretty soon with a C2D setup and it'll be in a new case. My choice of case for the new system is the Thermaltake Armor with a beefy 25cm fan on the side panel. Found a good deal on it locally so I decided to pick it up two days ago.
 
Back
Top