Lian Li V600F

• Thread starter Deleted member 222586
  • Start date
Ah hell. I thought the bottom PCIe x16 only ran in x8 mode when two cards were installed. But no, it's full-time x8. I guess I'll have to move it back to the top slot. My heatsink fan is about <1cm away from the video card when it's in the top slot. Goodbye good CPU temps. I'll post back my realtemp results with the card in its proper slot. :(

Here's my new temps with the video card right up against my cooler. It looks temps went up about 1-2°C.

RealTempLoad3.jpg

this case looks beautiful but it only supports coolers up to 155mm. also the newegg reviews have a bunch of horror stories about the design layout. i would be really interested in this case if not the for that.

Hi folks.

I'm considering on getting this case (Lian Li PC-V600fx).

I'll be using..
Maximus IV Gene mobo
Seasonic X-850 PSU.

Would two GTX680 for SLI fit in this case ?
From my reading around, it seems the maximum graphic card length allowed (without removing HDD cage) is 27cm for this case. Fortunately, length of GTX680 is around 25.5cm.
My question for the second card for SLI. Would PSU directly below mobo obstruct the second GTX680 ?

P.S. Has anyone seen a owner with SLI/CrossFire setup with this case at all ?

As long as you get the 10.08" (25.6cm) variety they should fit. Looking at newegg, some 680's are 10.08", some are longer ~10.6". My 10.08" HD6950 fits both Gene-Z PCIe slots just fine in this case. Pics in this thread. The more important question you should be asking is will they overheat? With both PCIe slots filled on the Gene-Z there will be no gap between the cards.

For the bottom card, the reference cooler on the 680's have a single fan at the end of the card so the PSU should not block it, unless your PSU is freakishly long.

Now that's been said, I think I can speak for everyone:

:eek:In the name of all that's holy what are you planning to do with that much graphics power???!!:eek:

P.S. If you are looking for pictures of SLI/Crossfire, you may have better luck finding pictures of the PC-A04. Different case, but has an identical layout and dimensions as the PC-V600F's and there seems to be a lot more builds with that case.

Back