Lian Li v600 Mod

MFDOOM1

Limp Gawd
I'm interested in getting a v600 and modding it to fit the psu up front. However, the issue i am having is whether or not a gxt 280 will fit in there, on top of that if it will having heating issues. what should i do?

you are talking about fitting it in the mid tray looking thing between the Disc Bay and the HD bay ?
So you can fit a bigger CPU fan in the mobo ?

If you have the power supply sit on its belly right ontop the Hard drive caddy. And are able to cut and re-mount everything in place u have about 1cm clearance from the PSU to the back the card. Thats considering you can push the PSU as far to teh front as to what the front fan is bolted to.

ipearl, im talking about making sure a gtx-280 can fit with clearance from the 5.25 drives. Just wanna know if it will fit, since i wanna downsize my case. As for the cpu fan, it wont be necessary since i am water cooling my cpu. Lastly, thanks for the info on fitting the psu. But i have an idea that will allow a 1200 watt psu to fit. Thanks

Oh, well shoudl fit since the 4870x2 fits.

Unless you have devices sticking out ont eh button bays.

Curiosity where are you planning to place teh power supply instead ?

well i havent though of what psu i exactly want, but i know that since i am overclocking a bit and adding another gtx-280 later on, im probably gonna go with either the corsair 1000HW or a silverstone decathlon 1200w. As for the position of the psu. I was thinking of modding the 5.25 drive bays down to two. That way i can put the psu vertically and have the fan pushing the hot air out. Of course this is a major mod, since i have to have the psu stable but it will free up a lot of space and also allow me to keep things small.

I'm doing the same mod at the moment. Still a work in progress, I can't answer about your graphics card, I have a silent Asus 9600GT ( I'm not a gamer) and a overclocked (3.0GHz) Q9450and the temps are really good. Graphics card runs a 37c and CPU at 25c when idle, all fans controlled by uGuru and are silent when system is idle. Cool air comes in at the rear and the hot waste air come out the front.

2806889010_c2fcbefca3_o.jpg

2806153839_63e6968e45_o.jpg

2806154725_829c5a3fda_o.jpg

2807001238_71c1900352_o.jpg

Awesome Mod Truffle Shuffle! However the thing i am doing is placing the psu vertically since it is a 1kw. As for the graphics card, if you can, could you measure the length between the 5.25 drives to the i/o port? The gtx-280 measures 12.5 inches long. If you could that would be awesome! Lastly, what size fan did you put in the original psu area?

OK, now all I have to hand right now is a 6 inch rule so its kinda hard to be balls on accurate but I think your card may just fit, if the power connector is on the end of the card you may have a problem. I get the measure to be 320mm/12.5 inch, maybe a bit more. I'll try to put my hands on a tape and get a correct answer for you . The fan is a 80mm nexus, really quiet on full chat. Getting the plate it sits in anodized black next week.

2809379110_7a1b70c175_o.jpg

Thanks Truffle Shuffle, now i know where it will fit! Power connector issue shouldn't since the connectors are on the side. Lastly, the bays will be cut down down to just two, to allow the psu to fit should work out and best part it will be a nice clean mod. Also, as for the psu fan, i am going to open that area up allow for a 120mm fan.

I thought about a 120mm at the back but decided to try the 80mm first before cutting the case, it seems to be working out OK with the temps, but then I haven't got a monster graphic card to heat thing up. Look forward to seeing your mod when its done. Good luck!!

I have a 8800gt and their is about 2in left.

Last edited:
This is really interesting to see guys, thanks for the pics. I just ordered a V600 and am planning on modding it to move the PSU up front in the same way, but will also be making some changes to the fan arrangements. Keep an eye out, i'll probably make a worklog thread.

same here, plan on fitting a 1kw psu in this tiny thing! followed with sli goodness, and h20. Hopefully soon.

Hey, I'm interested in doing this same mod to a v600 but I can't find the case for sale anywhere! :-( The only place I saw it was yesbuy and that store does not have greatest reviews. I guess I'll take the chance and get it there if I have to. Anyway, down to business. How would I go about getting the PSU in the front and adding a 120mm fan in the rear where the psu is supposed to be. Do all you guys cut a piece of aluminum yourself? And what do you do about the psu switch being in the front underneath the front panel? Is there an online store where I can buy a right angle psu extension chord like the A05B case comes with? Thanks.

ken_c

Where did you get that cd rom front as well as the filler for the other drive bays.

It looks great! What are the specs of your computer?

Ken C do you have the measurements of that back plate you used? I'd like to do the same mod.

@Ken

Where did you get the front bezel for your fan? Lian Li sells one but it has an annoying logo in the middle.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I wanted to buy a pc-v600 and put the psu in the front bottom, and then I found this thread (helpful)

I was just wondering how you guys mounted/attached the PSU to the front of the case?

I think this would be the only option, or secure it to the bottom of the case, which would prob mean drilling holes into the PSU (not desirable) or doin up a brace.

Any suggestions would be great

Nice work on making a V600 better !

It is my favorite LL case ( I have two - one silver, one black)

I'm doing the same mod at the moment. Still a work in progress, I can't answer about your graphics card, I have a silent Asus 9600GT ( I'm not a gamer) and a overclocked (3.0GHz) Q9450and the temps are really good. Graphics card runs a 37c and CPU at 25c when idle, all fans controlled by uGuru and are silent when system is idle. Cool air comes in at the rear and the hot waste air come out the front.

2806889010_c2fcbefca3_o.jpg

2806153839_63e6968e45_o.jpg

2806154725_829c5a3fda_o.jpg

2807001238_71c1900352_o.jpg
Can any one help on how Truffle_Shuffle moved the PSU inside the V600 and still has the plug on the outside (back) of the system? I would like to do the same MOD but not sure what parts to ask for to duplicate this MOD. Thanks.

Can any one help on how Truffle_Shuffle moved the PSU inside the V600 and still has the plug on the outside (back) of the system? I would like to do the same MOD but not sure what parts to ask for to duplicate this MOD. Thanks.

You just need a male IEC plate like this one: http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&pf_id=1221 (although not necessarily 10A, that might depend on your mains power. That was the only one I could find.). Then you just wire the back up to an IEC lead with a female plug on the end to go into your PSU.

You just need a male IEC plate like this one: http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&pf_id=1221 (although not necessarily 10A, that might depend on your mains power. That was the only one I could find.). Then you just wire the back up to an IEC lead with a female plug on the end to go into your PSU.

Just found this thread. I'd like to make a similar mod and move my PSU up front. I'd like to know whether this can be done without drilling or cutting.

where was this thread when i needed it? after seeing the psu moved to the front/flipped, etc., im going to tear apart my just modded v600 to do just that. this x79 system, even though everything is under water, gets a hot board/ram, and i need direct air flow to the already water blocked vrms. i just have a few pics of the initial build under way. now i don't feel so alone ;)

gettingthere1.png

gittingthere2.png

11872193.png

85696836.png

Last edited:
Back