Lian Li V2000B Powder Coating Question

NukeULater

Gawd
Hello, I am thinking about powder coating the inside of my Lian Li V2000. While researching I found this.

http://www.overclock.net/case-mods-general-discussion/424437-how-powder-coat-56k-warning.html

This interested me and I was asking around at my school to see if anyone have a powder coating gun. They do not. :( But they have many large ovens, which are a perfect size for a case. As for the gun, I have a a regular paint gun could I use that? Or is there any kind of powder coat that might be able to be used in a spray gun?

I realize that I will have to take the case apart but what size drill bit and tap should I use? (For anyone that might have modded a Lian Li.)

If yer just going for the look, why not use textured spray cans?
I want something that is far more durable than spray paint. Powder coating is more harder than normal paint. I wasn't even going for a texture. I'm thinking gloss black.

I have seen it done at home. You do need to by the Powder coating gun because it applies the charge to the powder to get a good coat. remember powder coating involves charging the item to be painted + or - , and the powder the opposite charge. This attracts the powder to the metal and keeps it in place while you melt it in an oven.

Also if you are going to do this at home get a cheap oven just for this off of craigslist. It stinks very baddly and eventaully the smell will not leave the oven.

Thanks for the info nlancaster. I am currently trying to find a person who owns a gun at my college. They also have vented ovens just for this type of project. Plus I have already the okay from the people in the sculpture/industrial design lab.

Back