Lian Li V2000 issue (big pic)

Impact9

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently purchased the V2000B from newegg. I am now in the process of transfering my current system into the new case. The problem I am having is with the front connections. The USB, Firewire, and audio cables that go from the front to your motherboard headers are too short.

v2000ugg.jpg

The idiots who designed the case put the front connections on the bottom with the motherboard upside down. Had the front connections been placed up top the cables would not be g-string tight like they are now. In my effort to create a very clean case I will have to forget using the front connections. :(

I just thought anyone buying this case would like to know.

is it fan filter on your 120mm?
what are they exactly?

you could try to ghetto-wire your wire :p

Yea got the air filters are so-trickcomputers.com pretty snazzy altough I didn't really want blue.

Going to try and extend the wires a few foot hopefully jameco will have parts.

Wow, I would have expected a little better design from the hallowed Lian Li flagship case. You can try extending them yourself or buying extenders.

I've heard the V1000 versions have the same problem. I should be getting my V1000b any day now, so we'll see.

my PC60 based case had the same problem the wires were Über tight (but they reached at least)

you maight be able to cut a hole in the middle florr and run it through there. also what is the point of having a filters on the inside back fan, it just seems like it is pointless and would ruin the airflow

If you are looking for longer cables, mail [email protected] I was in talking to him and he had two sets on his desk that were for the new Lian Li's that were quite a bit longer then the ones that come with the case

Don't suppose you would know where I could get some of those headers in the UK ?

Darth_Fluffy said:
OMG that case is fucking huge. Why would anyone want such a monstrosity?!
Are you sure you're on the right forum? It's not called the [H]ARDforum for nothing. :p

It is a damn big case though. You could probably fit two completely seperate computers in there.

I could fit no less than 8 SFF boxes in there. The question though is why does he need it? It's not like he has a server with 40 hard drives in there.

Impact9 said:
I need to measure my cables but I think this is what I was looking for.

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556060543.html

still waiting on a reply from Glens though.

oh and a reply from lian-li about the manufacture mistake.

Those are the ones. I was guessing at about a yard in length, guess I was right. Just order away. I wasn't aware that they were on their site. So Glen is not needed now :)

I ordered those as well to go with my V2000. $5.95 wasnt really that bad but its principal. They should have known how small MB's really are unless they were expecting buyers to use server boards.

Where the cables come out of the front connectors you can slide a little more cable through the plastic cable holders. I had the same problem with my V2000 but was able to squeeze a little more cable out of there and made them reach.

Scott

XeRo_Dark said:
i suggest the always relyable ghetto rig, anyone got tin foil and electrical tape :D
Hay, that's how I made flat cables. Tinfoil and regular, transparent tape. flat as paper, and conducts well..

dude, just run it through the hole in the middle of the floor.. it's alrready there!

Yeah, but I think he wants it tucked outta the way. Nice and neat.

On these forums ur either trying to jam the comp into the smallest case possible or the biggest most cavernous case possible. Nothing in between will do.

Where the cables come out of the front connectors you can slide a little more cable through the plastic cable holders. I had the same problem with my V2000 but was able to squeeze a little more cable out of there and made them reach.
My Audio header won't even come close.

By the way, you don't have to filter exhausts.
yea but when you accidently order 120mm instead of 80mm you might as well use them. Plus they double as a fan guard.

dude, just run it through the hole in the middle of the floor.. it's alrready there!
The cables would need to be even longer to do that

Yeah, but I think he wants it tucked outta the way. Nice and neat.

On these forums ur either trying to jam the comp into the smallest case possible or the biggest most cavernous case possible. Nothing in between will do.
WINNER! I despise smaller cases the PC60 was ok but I should have bought the PC70. I normally buy full towers and so far I really enjoying working on this case aside from the annoyingly short cables.

tinhlo said:
V2000/V2100 are server cases ... check on thier site u'll see

If you look the V2000 it's listed as a full tower and the V2100 is a server.

Full Tower

Server

Course I don't understand why they did that considering they only changed the bezel design.

Blah.. I have the same exact problem with the V1000. Huge design flaw.. pisses me off that I now need to get a longer cable. :mad:

You know, I haven't see a particularly loud case either. Most of them tend not to make any sound at all..

Back