I still have one of these, and am considering using it for a modern system. While I have chucked other cases over the years, I refuse to part with this one because I think it's a great looking case. It's the black, plus II model with the side fan and no window.
I know this case is/was usually used for water setups, but this will be an air setup. I am unsure which fan arrangement in the top portion is best. I will be using a Noctua NH-D14. Additional cooling hardware I'm considering is the Lian-Li fan module. I'm unsure how much cooling performance suffers due to the lack of a top fan compared to newer case designs.
Here are my considered configurations:
1) No fan module, side intake, rear exhaust
2) 1 fan module, side intake, rear exhaust
3) 1 fan module, side exhaust, rear exhaust
4) 2 fan modules, side exhaust, rear exhaust
I am currently leaning towards #2, with the fan module in the lowest 3 5.25 bays blowing towards the CPU cooler so the side fan would feed fresh air directly into the GPU area.
Thoughts?
I know this case is/was usually used for water setups, but this will be an air setup. I am unsure which fan arrangement in the top portion is best. I will be using a Noctua NH-D14. Additional cooling hardware I'm considering is the Lian-Li fan module. I'm unsure how much cooling performance suffers due to the lack of a top fan compared to newer case designs.
Here are my considered configurations:
1) No fan module, side intake, rear exhaust
2) 1 fan module, side intake, rear exhaust
3) 1 fan module, side exhaust, rear exhaust
4) 2 fan modules, side exhaust, rear exhaust
I am currently leaning towards #2, with the fan module in the lowest 3 5.25 bays blowing towards the CPU cooler so the side fan would feed fresh air directly into the GPU area.
Thoughts?