Lian-Li V2000 Cooling Issues

Zireal

n00b
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
2
Has anyone else noticed rather terrible temps compared to other cases? I moved from a mountain mod UFO to the incredibly spacious Lian-Li V2000. Unfortunately however, the temps have risen incredibly. Currently idle the GPU sits at well above 45, and my poor BFG7800GTX is hitting 69c under load. I'd imagine its because theres only an exhaust fan on the upper half.

Could anyone recommend some air cooling solutions until i finally switch to water?
 
I placed a Coolermaster Stacker Crossflow fan in my old V1000, and you may want to do the same. Decreased aircooled temperatures by around 2c, but didnt do a damn thing for watercooling but add noise, so I removed it.

You can also turn the side of the v2000 into a swiss cheese fan mounting area.. Be careful you keep with negative pressure, however.
 
Back
Top